Monday, April 6, 2015

Mummy and Baby's Easter


This weekend was really, really busy. I’m so exhausted, but I’ll attribute that to the 4 nightmares I had last night. I barely slept a wink!! I hope that doesn’t happen tonight. I need some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’s.I’m drowning right now because I feel so darn tired. On top of that, my cycle semi-started. It’s been absolutely vacant for about a year. It’s pretty much vacant now, but I do have cramps and I feel even more irritable and tired than I normally would even after a bad night of sleep. Sorry, TMI.

 

I was off of work on Friday. Emerson and I just hung out at home for most of the day. He slept in until around 8am, which was nice. I had no complaints there. We had dinner plans at my parent’s house for Good Friday, so I waited until before dinner to run errands with E. We went to Kmart to grab diapers, wipes, and some odds and ends. While we were there, I picked up a play lawn mower for him. It was $7, but well worth it. He’s been playing with that thing non-stop. Too bad I left it at my parent’s house yesterday! I won’t get a chance to grab it until at least Friday. Anyway, after Kmart, we went to have dinner with my parents. Nothing special. We just had fish, fries, and mac and cheese, but it was nice hanging out for a few hours.  On Friday night, Emerson slept for a few hours on his own. Bedtime was peaceful and he went down without a fight.

 

Saturday was a lot of fun. Emerson did some Easter crafts and sensory play, while I boiled eggs for our friends to come over to dye them with us. We had a blast. Those kids wore his little butt out! 20 minutes after they left, he was down for the night. Again, no complaints here. I always like an easy bedtime, especially since he’s been a bit of a bear during naptime. I can’t figure out what the deal is. He’s obviously tired, but fights me so much. I think it might be way too bright when I lay him down. We need some kind of room darkening curtains. What we have isn’t cutting it. I know I couldn’t just lay down and sleep in a bright room.

 

On Saturday night, I got to play “Easter Bunny” and I had a blast. I did not short change Emerson at all. I decorated the dining room for a special “bunny” breakfast that the bunny left for him. I also put bunny prints on the floor too. Yes, I realize he’s too small to understand, but it’s a nice tradition to start. It gives me some practice for next year when he might comprehend a bit more. Plus, it was something fun for me to do. Anyway, I set out his basket and got everything ready for Easter morning. He slept for about three hours before waking to nurse. On Sunday morning, he slept in until about 8:30am! Score! When we woke up, I had breakfast all ready from the bunny and he tore into his basket. I put a few outfits, bubbles, chalk, and goldfish crackers in it. Nothing crazy at all. After breakfast, Emerson took a nap. It took me about 20 minutes to get him down. I’ll take it. No tears, or anything. Just a lot of back patting and shushing.  After I got him down, I showered, did hair and make-up, cleaned up, and packed the car. He napped for an hour, but I got so much done within that time frame!

 

After nap, I got Emerson dressed and we started our Easter day. I took him outside for an Egg hunt. It was too freaking adorable and the pictures I got are to die for! He’s such a cute pie. After our little hunt, we went to my parent’s house. My sister and nephew came shortly after, so we all headed outside to play with Emerson’s chalk and bubbles. Emerson got a basket from my parents and both of my sisters. We had a good time hanging out. Emerson refused to nap, so that made him a Mr. Cranky Pants by the time dinner was over. We got home around 6:30pm. I carried him directly from the car to his bed. He was down for the night outside of waking a few times to nurse. More for comfort I’m sure! We had a really nice Easter though! I hope you all did too.

 

We don’t have much going on this week. I really need to go to the grocery store. I didn’t do my weekly shop on Friday like I typically would. I have no idea what the hell dinner is going to be tonight. I’m sure I have some random things I can put together until I get to the store tomorrow. I have a bridal shower on Saturday. My mom is baby-sitting Emerson while I go. I’m going to take the pack n play to their house, so that she can put him down for a nap if he will even take one for her. The shower is in the North Hills, so with commute, I’ll probably be gone for about 4 hours. Alright, I have to get some stuff done. Have a super day, All!

 

 

No comments: