Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Mummy got pranked!


Last night, I tried our regular bedtime routine of laying Emerson down alone in the pack and play. He’s been fighting me the past few days probably due to teething. We had a success. He went down around 8:20pm and slept for about two hours before waking. I did put him in bed with me after he awoke. I know I need to be stronger, but I was appreciative for the ME time I had and being able to sit on the couch with the dog catching up on my shows. Anyway, we slept amazing. We slept so well that I actually overslept! The dread I felt when I realized it was 545am and I was just waking up is indescribable. Putting making on with a toddler on my hip was real fun too. I ended up missing the first two buses and getting into work late. Not exactly the best start to the morning.
 
When I got to work, I logged into my computer to find my mouse not working. I was pissed. It was working when I left last night. No way it broke between last night and this morning. Anyway, I tried everything. Plugging and unplugging and even restarting my computer. No dice. What the hell? I got so pissed off and decided to just swap it out for the extra I carry in my laptop bag. 20 minutes later and I finally had a working mouse. I realize after I tossed my “broken” mouse that there was a piece of tape on the underside of it that said “April Fools”. The piece of tape was blocking the sensor, therefore prohibiting it from working. I was absolutely livid. 20 minutes of my morning was spent on that stupid mouse. Looking back now, I can laugh, but in the heat of the moment, I was mad. Anyway, we decided to counter the prank with our own. Myself and two other co-workers paired up and snatched the culprit’s tennis shoes from his gym bag. When he goes to the gym later, he won’t have any tennis shoes. I think it’s HILARIOUS! He’s going to be so mad. The gym is in our building, so it isn’t like he’s driving somewhere, or walking really far. He’ll just have to come back up to our floor to get them, but it’ll still be a huge inconvenience. I had him come to my desk this morning to “help” me, so the shoes could be swiped. Genius! The only downside is our boss saw it happen and he was annoyed. He thought it was funny when I was mad about my mouse, but now, he’s annoyed over the shoes. He said “I hate this day” Well, too bad. He better not be a whistle blower either. I have a feeling he told on us. It all seems really juvenile to me and I don’t even care to play pranks on April Fool’s day, but if you can dish it out, you can certainly take it! Anyway, the guy who played the prank imed me when he got in and asked if I was having any computer troubles. I just said Nope, nothing at all. Ha! I know he was looking for a reaction to his little prank, but I gave him none and pretended that nothing ever happened either!!!!
 
I’m so freaking sore. I did a really good ab workout on Monday and then paired that with a butt workout last night. Tonight, I’ll do some legs, then arms tomorrow. I don’t have a full workout plan  in mind yet, but doing something every day seems like a good goal to start. I really want to start running again when the weather gets warmer. I know my mom won’t have a problem watching Emerson for 30-45 minutes on the weekend when we are over to visit for me to run. It’ll be nice to get back into that. Again, I don’t have a goal in mind, but I do miss working out, so doing things at home and then pairing it later with running will be nice.
 
On Friday, I’m off work and daycare is closed, so we’re going to take some fish over to my parent’s house to have dinner with them for Good Friday. I need to get to the grocery store tomorrow to get us some things to hold us over through the weekend. We’re just about out of everything!  I have no idea what the hell dinner will be for tonight, or tomorrow night. I better come up with something!
 
 
Alright, I have a lot to do. I better get to it. Have a good day, All!

No comments: