Monday, April 27, 2015

Mummy's weekend

This weekend was really, really nice. We didn’t much on Friday. I went to the grocery store on the way home from work and picked up something for dinner. We both had a long week, so we just ate dinner, played, then did bath and bed. I was able to watch the entire Bruce Jenner interview too. It started at 9pm. Em went to bed around 7:45pm, so I was nervous he’d wake before the interview was over at 11. He slept until about midnight!  I was shocked! He usually only lasts about 3 hours at most, so I was pretty amazed that he slept alone in the crib for that long. Anyway, the interview was AMAZING! So worth me fighting sleep to stay up to watch it.

Saturday morning, Em slept until about 7:15am. I felt pretty well rested. We didn’t have much on our agenda aside from going to my parent’s house that evening for dinner. Anyway, we had breakfast and played a bit, then Em was ready for a nap. He went down so easily in his crib. I showered, got ready for the day, and cleaned up the house. He only napped about an hour, but it was a very productive hour! While he was asleep, I set up his table and chair to paint with pudding. Wow, my house was a wreck after that activity, but he LOVED it and had such a great time. It was adorable watching him get all crazy. After I cleaned him and the house up, we just played a little more, then had lunch. Around 215, Em conked out for another nap, which was nice. I was tired and wanted to take a little rest too. I laid in my own bed for an hour. He woke up half way through nap, so I brought him to bed with me for a bit. He napped an additional hour! I crept out of bed and packed his bag to go to my parent’s for dinner. We ran to the grocery store right after he woke up before heading to see my mom and dad. We had a fun time over there. Em ran around like a maniac and destroyed their house. After we got home, we played for a little while, then bath, and bed. Emerson slept in his crib ALONE from 9pm-2am! The downside was he did not go down very easily. I did bring him into bed with me at 2am and we slept until about 730am. Not too bad.

Sunday was a BUSY day. I already posted a blog yesterday with pictures, so you guys know we went to a birthday party. When we woke up, we had breakfast and played a little. Nothing unusual there. Em napped for about 1 hour, so I got ready for the party, got his clothes ready, and cleaned up the house. When he woke up, we still had about an hour and a half before party time. It was right around the corner from our house, so we didn’t need to leave early. I let em play in the backyard for a long time. I didn’t dress him until right before we were leaving though! I knew he’d get all dirty. My sister came over and rode to the party with us. We had such a nice time. The décor was beautiful. She had the most delicious cookies made up for the party, so I’m using the same girl to have some made for my mother’s day lunch! Em was pretty exhausted towards the end of the party. When we got home, he napped from about 430-6. EEK! We played outside for a while, had dinner, played a little more, then bed, and bath. He was not having it. I fought with him for nearly an hour and I even tried putting him to bed later because of his late nap! Needless to say, he only lasted in the crib for about 1.5 hours L Hopefully tonight is better. He did sleep pretty good once he was in my bed. He did wake up in the middle of the night, eyes wide, like he was about to get out of bed and wander around. Um NO! I’m a little bit tired tonight, but not too bad.

Next weekend, we have my nephew’s birthday party. It’s on Saturday. Other than that, we aren’t doing much. It’s going to be gorgeous out on Sunday, so we’ll play in the yard and I’ll fill his water table up. That’ll be nice. This week, we’re just doing the usual. Work and daycare. I didn’t work out on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I suck, but tonight, I’m back at it.

Alright, I am going to leave you guys with a few photos of Emerson from this weekend. Enjoy!

No comments: