Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mummy's little wanderer

My child is so stealthy! He was sleeping in my bed this morning, so I shut the door before heading downstairs to get ready for work. Our bathroom is on the first floor, which is actually REALLY nice because there is less potential of disturbing him when he’s sleeping. Anyway, I shut the door because he’s been getting out of bed and heading right for the stairs to find me in the mornings. He’s so damn quiet about it that I never hear him on the monitor. He literally wakes up, hops out of bed, and quietly comes lurking out of the bedroom. Yesterday, I heard a THUD from his feet hitting the floor, so I ran up before he could get out. I need to put a gate at the top of the steps to avoid any kind of accident, so I can leave the door open. This morning though, I just shut the door to avoid any issues.

Anyway, I was getting his clothes out of the closet when I heard the door knob wiggle. I swear, I jumped a foot in the air. It scared the hell out of me! The house was completely silent, I was in deep though choosing his outfit, so I didn’t expect the door knob to wiggle like that. I slowly opened the door and there he was-standing tall and proud, smiling up at me like “Look, mom. I got myself up and out of bed!” It was REALLY adorable! Do I want him wandering around out of bed though? NOT AT ALL. I’ll be working to make sure it’s safe in case he does decide to take a midnight stroll.

Emerson did sleep in the crib last night for about 3 hours. I put him to bed around 730pm and he awoke around 1030pm. I didn’t even try to get him back down. I was beyond exhausted at that point and he had woken me up from a sound sleep. That made it easy to cave and just bring him into bed with me. He did sleep fairly well. I nursed him once this morning, but that was it. I thought nursing him would keep him asleep until I was ready to get him up, but I was wrong. All week, he’s been up with me in the morning as I get ready. It makes it more difficult for me because he’s a bit needy the first few minutes after he wakes. I have to try to get ready, get our stuff ready, and tend to him. I think the only way to curb this will be to wake up a little earlier, but I don’t want to! I already wake up early enough. I think once he’s sleeping in the crib all night, we might not have this issue. He might actually sleep longer. He did have 10 hours of sleep too. Maybe he doesn’t need 11-12 like he did before and I should try to push bedtime back just a little bit more. He was very exhausted by 7:15pm yesterday and barely keeping his eyes open, so we did bath, and bed. I’ll try to push it  until at least 7:30pm tonight to do bath. That way, maybe he’ll sleep until at least 5:45am, which would be perfect for me!

Emerson ate so much for dinner last night. I made fish sandwiches, pierogies (his fav), and vegetables. He put down a fish sandwich, veggies, and THREE pierogies. I was blown away. This dude can eat. I’m sure he’s extra hungry after running around at daycare all day. I know I’m starving by the time we get home. They give the kids dinner around 3pm. He’s usually starving by the time we eat dinner around 5:45pm. I have no idea what tonight’s dinner will be. I’ll just figure it out later on before I leave work. My brain doesn’t feel like working that out now!

This morning was a damn nightmare. I didn’t have any bus money, or money loaded onto my bus card because I was lazy and didn’t load up yesterday before I left work. I had to go to the ATM this morning, then get change at the gas station just to be able to ride the bus. In the midst of doing that, I lost my wallet. Luckily, it was in my car and lodged between the seat, but I had a heart attack for a few minutes before I found it!

Last night, I skipped T25 because I felt sore. Instead, I did an AB workout. I’m feeling it now. Tonight, it’s back to T25. I’m not feeling too sore right now, so I should be fine. Honestly, I felt like a slacker just doing the AB workout and nothing else. Tonight, it’s on! Well, if Emerson decides he’s going to cooperate and sleep like he’s been doing. Tomorrow night, the Bruce Jenner interview is on at 9pm. I CANNOT wait! It better be good and him not skirting (hehe) around all of these stories that have been going around about him wanting to become a woman. I want the juicy details!

This seems a bit silly, but after I got Emerson down in the crib last night, I kept thinking about how I paid for the crib and built it myself. That led me to think about everything else that I’ve done myself. I don’t think I give myself nearly enough credit, or at least not often enough. I’m always thinking that I could have done something better. I really am proud of myself. I know a lot of people probably think it’s nothing. Take care of your kid, work, pay your bills, easy peasy. Being really honest, FUCK those people. I think I do a damn good job of holding it together without bitching too much either. I have friends who are married, but also have ridiculous amounts of help from other sources and are ALWAYS bitching. I’d love to trade places with those people sometimes just so they could have a REAL reason to bitch. On another note though, I do love my love my life and the way I’ve handled everything. I like running my household and taking care of business. It does make me feel good about myself and I’m glad Emerson has a great example to follow. On top of that, I have a sunny disposition 99% of the time too. I don’t know a lot of people who can say that. I just do not want Emerson growing up around constant negativity. Yes, it exists. Yes, we all have our days, but I don’t think he should have to feel the burden over financial woes, or anything like that. He should get to be little and not have to feel a constant stress from his mama who is a natural worry wart!

Alright, I am going to end this now. I hope you all have a happy Thursday!

How cute is my little stinker????

No comments: