Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mummy's baby slept!!!!

Well, we tried the crib last night. I put Em down around 7:30pm. He went right out, which was awesome! Lately, it’s been taking him a little longer to conk out. Not last night. Maybe it was all of the extra room in the crib? Anyway, he slept for three hours, which was nice. I was able to get him back down a few times after he awoke crying, but after the 8th time, I did cave and let him come into my bed. I did NOT nurse the entire night, which was nice! Now, I’m completely engorged, which isn’t so nice. I’m going to see how long I can suffer before pumping a little bit out. I don’t want to cause a clog, or anything, which will just be worse for myself. Pumping a little bit will be a good thing. I can’t believe he didn’t nurse the entire night. He slept so well after he was in my bed though and so did I. I’ll continue to put him down in the crib and try to make him stay in there all night. I think he was just freaked out when he woke up and it was pitch black dark in there. My night light burned out, so I need to get a new one. I’d be freaked out if I went to sleep in a mildly dark room, then awoke to pitch black darkness, so I can’t really blame him there.

After I put him down, I was able to get my workout in. I’m REALLY feeling it today! I did T25 again. I was going to try something else, but thought I should stick to this until I feel like I can make it through without dying. I did a lot better last night. I think I might stray from it tonight though and try PiYo. The workout is 38 minutes though, which turns me off. I feel like that’s a long workout when I don’t have that much time in the evenings. We’ll see how that goes. I wish they had shorter workouts though. 20-25 minutes seems plenty long for me. I hate when it’s pushing an hour. Like, really? I don’t want to dedicate half of my evening to working out after I’ve ran around all day. I know it needs done, but there has to be a way to make it shorter. Wow, that just sounded extremely lazy.

Today is Earth Day and our snack day at daycare. I ended up making “dirt” in a flower pot and then sticking a fake flower inside. It looks so real! I sent mini bowls and spoons to the daycare too. I know the kids probably won’t use the spoons, but at least I tried. I know it’ll be a messy snack and it isn’t healthy, but Earth Day is sort of a holiday, right? They can make an exception! We also sent a birthday present for one of the teachers. We just bought a pretty candle holder for $5 and a card. Nothing big, but in the calendar events that was sent out, they mentioned it was her birthday today. Emerson and her daughter are in the same class and play together, so I thought it was a nice gesture.

Last night, we had a chicken, spinach, and tomato white pizza. It was absolutely delicious, so we’re going to take  one over to my parent’s house on Saturday night for dinner. Because we have a birthday party to go to on Sunday, we won’t make it over to their house for our weekly visit. Instead, we’re going to change it to Saturday and have dinner with them. It’ll be nice and give us something to do. With this weather and rain, I don’t think we’ll make it outside this weekend. I’m going to put together some indoor activities to occupy Emerson on Saturday afternoon. He does pretty well on his own with toys, the dog, and running around, but there is a point where it gets old after so many hours. I’m going to let him do some finger painting with pudding. That’ll occupy him for a while. I was also thinking of taking him to get breakfast too. We always have a good time doing that. He leaves a huge mess behind, but it’s nice that I don’t have to clean or cook! I was thinking of just keeping it low key and taking him to Dunkin Donuts. He gets no junk all week, so having a donut for breakfast won’t kill him. You gotta live sometimes, right? 1 donut and coffee won’t break the bank too much either and I’ll just take him in his jammies.

We have my nephew’s birthday party on May 2nd. I think we’re just going to put money in a card. He’s going to be 11 and not really interested in much outside of video games. This way, he can choose what he wants to do with the money. My sister is having a cookout during the day for him and then letting him have some of his friends stay and sleepover.  She’s a little strapped for cash though, so I offered to pick up some snacks for the kids to munch on during the sleepover. It won’t cost more than a few dollars, so I know she will appreciate the help. I think she bit off too much though. My nephew would have been happy with just a sleepover. Since they moved, he hasn’t seen a lot of his friends that he used to play with on their street. Having a couple of the kids stay the night to play video games would have sufficed. I understand her way of thinking though. She has a house now and wants everyone to come over to see it. I just think having a cookout and a sleepover was a bit much. She didn’t really think about the kids needing snacks, etc. during the sleepover. She also invited A LOT of people to the cookout including his paternal side of the family. His dad moved to California with his new girlfriend about a month ago, so he won’t be around, but his family will be. She gets along with them though and my nephew sees them on the weekends, so it makes sense, but it’s still a big cookout that is becoming costly from what I hear. I’m sure it’ll be an adorable party though. I’ve seen some of her décor that she’s handmade.

I’m hosting Mother’s Day this year. It just makes sense. I have the big, open yard. I’m going to set up a table outside, set it very nicely, and put together a lunch for us. Hopefully it doesn’t rain, otherwise my plans will be ruined. I love going to my parent’s house, but they just don’t have the room. Emerson is confined to the kitchen/dining room and all we do is chase him around telling him “No”. Their yard isn’t very big and it’s pretty much taken over by the pool. Even still, it isn’t baby proofed in the slightest, so we’d end up spending the day telling Em “No” That doesn’t sound like a very nice Mother’s Day for me, does it? I’d rather they just come to my house, so that Emerson can have a run of the yard and us be able to hang out without stressing so much over him getting hurt, or into something. I just have to clear it with my dad. Last year, he set up a whole lunch for us. It was pretty adorable. I don’t want to take anything away from him, but I just think this is a much better idea.

Alright, I hope everyone has a great Hump Day!

No comments: