Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mummy's car passed!

I haven’t updated in a few days, so I’ll try to make this painless. I’m just going to break it down by day. Here goes:

Friday: Emerson went to daycare and I worked from home. Prior to logging into work, I went grocery shopping at Wal*mart. I got everything on our list and did amazing! I spent about $97 total. $77 was food and the rest was household items such as toilet paper, paper towels, tooth paste, shampoo, dish liquid, etc. Anyway, I bought this awesome push car for Emerson! I’ve been scouting out prices and haven’t found anything under $56. That was a little too pricey for my liking, so I held off. On a whim, I went over to the bike section to see if Wally had anything cheaper. Low and behold, there was ONE push car left and it was on sale for $39.97! I snatched it right up! I also purchased the car seat for my parent’s car, which I love. The buckle is a little bit hard to press in to release and snap, but with use, I’m hoping it becomes easier. It wasn’t too hard to install either, which I appreciated. Emerson seemed comfortable. I just wish it wasn’t so damn hard to snap. After I was done shopping, I went home to put everything away, then logged into work for the day. I won’t go into details about that because I’m sure you guys really do not care about my work and all that I endure every day! After work, I logged off and went tanning. I spent $7.70 for 8 minutes of pure bliss, but got burnt to hell! I’m okay now, but ouch! It was a rough weekend with that burn. Totally worth every penny though. I budgeted well enough to be able to treat myself a little bit! I like when that happens.

When I picked Emerson up from daycare, the weather was beautiful. We took his new car for a spin. Wow, he LOVED it. I couldn’t get him out of the damn thing. After about 100 trips up and down our street, I was finally able to lure him out of the car and into the yard. We played a bit, had dinner, played some more, then did bath and bed. He slept amazing. He woke up one time to nurse around 1am, then slept in until around 7:30am! No complaints from this mama!

Saturday: It was a gorgeous day and the high was around 80 degrees! Emerson woke, we had breakfast, played a little, then he took an hour nap. While he napped, I got ready for the day, cleaned up, and prepared his snack. He went down pretty easily too, which was much appreciated. After nap, he had snack and we headed to the yard. The weather was gorgeous. I filled up Emerson’s water table, lathered him in sunscreen, and let him go to town. After a couple of hours of play, we took a nice, long walk in his push car, then headed back to the yard for another hour. Around 2pm, I packed up the car and headed to my parent’s house. My dad was taking my car for front tires, so Emerson and I hung out with my mom, then took another long walk in his car around their neighborhood. I got a lot of cardio this weekend!

After my dad got back with my car, we all pitched in to get dinner cooked. We had burgers, corn on the cob, mac salad, and baked beans. It was delicious. Emerson loved the corn! He loved it so much that he snuck a piece from the fridge and was hiding in the kitchen chowing down. Hilarious! After a couple of hours, I packed the car up and we headed home. Em snoozed the entire ride home and then for an additional hour in his playpen. It was nice. I got everything put away and just relaxed for a while. We played in the yard when he got up, he got a snack, bath, then bed. Again, another night of awesomeness. He woke up one time, nursed once, and slept until about 7:30am. I couldn’t complain!

Sunday: The weather was nice, so after breakfast and morning nap, we headed to the yard. Our grass is ridiculously long now from all of the rain. I don’t think it’s being cut again until Monday! It sucks because we’ll have to go the entire rest of this week and the weekend with long grass. It’s so wet though that I don’t think the lawn people would even come now until it dries up a bit. It sucks though. I know I do not enjoy playing in long grass, so I’m sure Emerson doesn’t either. He falls a lot more because the damn grass is so high. It makes it harder to walk and run. We headed to my parent’s house that afternoon to swap cars with my mom. My car was being inspected on Monday, so I was taking her car home with us. We visited for a bit and made ice cream cones with my mom and dad. It was fun. Emerson wore himself out so much that he conked out on the way home, then continued to nap in his playpen afterwards. That morning, I put a chicken casserole into the crockpot, so dinner was pretty much done after Em woke from nap. We ate dinner, played, then he had snack, bath, and bed. Wow, he woke up so many times after he initially went down! I had to keep going upstairs to put him back down. He eventually slept until 12:30am before waking to nurse. We slept terribly. His diaper came off in the middle of the night, so both of us were covered in pee! Of course, that happened AFTER I let him in my bed. What the hell?! I hurried to clean it up and put him back down. We did not sleep well at all.

Monday: My car passed inspection. Thank God! I was a nervous wreck all freaking day thinking something would be terribly wrong and I’d have to figure out how the hell to pay for it. I bought used tires, so that only cost me $100. The inspection itself was $61, so it wasn’t too bad. I had saved money to be able to cover the cost, but was so worried something major would be wrong and I’d be screwed. Whew. Having those stickers on my windshield saved my sanity. Emerson slept so poorly last night. I have no idea what is up. He went down pretty easily. He woke around 10pm, but I put him right back down. He ended up waking a few minutes after that, so I tried to put him down again. No dice. I ended up sticking him in bed with me. I only nursed once though. He tossed and turned ALL night. I barely got any shut eye. Tonight, I’m trying the crib. I think it’s time. The pack n play is too small and I feel like he can’t move around int here, which causes him to wake himself up. I just hope he complies and actually will sleep in the crib. Pray for me!

Today, we have to run to the store after work. Tomorrow is Earth day, but it’s also our day to provide snack. I’m going to get one of those mini garbage cans, fill it up with a simple trail mix, and make a cute tag that says “don’t be a litter bug” on it. I think it’ll be cute, but festive. We got this HUGE list of upcoming events at daycare yesterday. I’m excited! After Earth Day, I believe it’s mommy and me tea, which is for Mother’s day. It’s from 10-11am on May 4th, so I’ll need to work from home that day, so that I can attend. That same week is teacher appreciation day too, so I want to send something for that. There is an upcoming book fair, so I’ll let Emerson get a book too. They’re doing a mommy and me yoga demo class that I want us to sign up to attend. It’s free and something they want to try out. I hope it sticks and is fun because it would be nice to do something like that with Emerson. I need to let the staff know that we want to be their guinea pigs! They’re having a donuts with dad day around Father’s day in June. They say that uncles, older siblings, or grandfathers can attend, but I think I’m going to keep Em home that day and we’ll do something fun. Obviously I can’t have him avoid the fact that he doesn’t have a father his entire life, but it is in June, so it’s a good excuse to go to the pool, or just do something in the middle of the week that’s summery. I’m excited about all of the fun things coming up though!

Yesterday, I signed up for Beach Body On Demand. Now, I am not a gal that pays for workouts. You all know me fairly well now and you know I’m as cheap as they come. I make up my own routines, therefore I do not need some fancy dvd to tell me what to do. This was an offer I couldn’t pass up though. It’s $2.99/week, but billed quarterly, so it ends up being $38 every quarter. You get your choice of workouts, which means you A. didn’t spend hundreds on one set of dvds B. you get a variety. I can stream all of the videos from my mobile and did just that yesterday! T25 killed my ass! I am so freaking sore today! I will say this much, that work out kicked my ass way more than I would have on my own. It was nice to try something new and I cannot wait to work out tonight after Emerson goes to bed.

Now that I’m weaning, I’m extra paranoid that I’ll put on a ton of weight. I firmly believe that breastfeeding shrunk me down to where I am now. Yes, I realize it’s a bit underweight, but I do not want to end up putting on 30lbs because I got lazy due to breastfeeding basically handling weight loss for me. I think people assume I eat ultra-healthy all of the time and I lead this fit lifestyle. I don’t. I’m human just like everybody else. I don’t watch my portions at all. When it’s dinner time, I gorge. Yes, it might not be the most unhealthy meals on the planet, but I do eat a TON. By the time dinner rolls around, I’m so hungry! It’s hard to not do that. During the work week, I’m pretty much controlled. Oatmeal, banana, ramen (hush), and a nutri-grain bar are pretty much all I eat during the day until dinner time. When we visit my parent’s house, I eat whatever the hell I want over there. After Emerson goes to bed, I usually have a snack, which is typically Veggie Stix. Not exactly chips, but close enough. I just want to make sure I’m doing enough that I can maintain.

I’m no longer pumping during the day either. My poor boobs are extremely lop-sided. The left is still producing milk, while the right is nearly empty. The right side is around an A cup. The left is a nice full C. That is ridiculous, right? Today, they look even because I have double padding on the right side and NO padding on the left side. I hope it evens out as the left side dries up. That fucker is still producing milk though! I only nurse ONE time a day, so I hope my supply adjusts on that side. Today, I have on a padded bra. The right side has both pads in it. The left side has none, so my boobs look even. I guess I can continue to do that until this evens out. I really hope it does. I can’t afford a breast augmentation and I don’t want to go that route. I’m fine with little boobies. I just want BOTH of them to be little!

This week, we don’t have much planned. I believe it’s going to be on the colder side with rain all week too, which kills any outdoor plans. My best friend’s son is turning one tomorrow and his party is on Sunday. That’s about all we have for the week! I’m not mad about that. We save pennies when things are low-key!

Alright, I hope you all have a really good week!





No comments: