Friday, April 17, 2015

Mummy got some sleep


Last night was a little bit rough, but then better, then rough, then better. Trial and error right? I decided to put Emerson to bed earlier. Because we get up so early, he needs that extra sleep. I think pushing his bedtime back has actually been one of our issues. He was quite sleepy around 7pm, so I decided to do bath shortly after. He was in bed and asleep by 7:42pm. Lately, he’s been conking out between 8:30-8:45pm. I was hoping putting him to bed earlier would be my saving grace. I’m not entirely sure it was, but I guess we’ll see how it goes over the next few days. Anyway, an hour after I put him down, he was up and crying. I played hard ball and refused to pick him up, or nurse. Instead, I put him back down, patted his back, and got him back to sleep. Two hours later, he was up again and wailing. I played hard ball yet again. He was back down until 1am. At that point, I did bring him to bed and nursed him to back to sleep. He slept until I woke him at 6am. It was the most sleep I’ve gotten in weeks! I woke up around 5:30am. I got about 4 hours of sleep in a row, which has not occurred in a LONG time. I only had to nurse ONE time last night instead of 10! It was nice. He didn’t seem to NEED it outside of that 1am feed. If I can get him to stay down until around that time every night, I’d be happy. Then, I can work on cutting that one feed out. He also wasn’t as grouchy this morning when he woke up. I don’t know if that’s because he got more sleep than he’s been getting, or what, but it was nice. I’ll try that again tonight and hope there is a method to my madness.

After work yesterday, Emerson and I went to Burger King for dinner. It was rainy out, so I thought it would be nice for him to be able to play in the play place. He had a good time. We had the place to ourselves for a while too. After we got home, we read a few books and played. I gave him a snack, then bath, and bed. I made our grocery list too. I went shopping this morning before I logged onto work at home. I did VERY well. I was able to buy a few extra snack items that I wouldn’t typically buy for Emerson too, which was nice. I’m all about no fluff, so being able to buy some extra cereal bars and apple sauce pouches made me happy. I’m such a dork, but it really is the little things that make me happy.

I also purchased a car seat for my parent’s car. It was on sale for $44, so I didn’t want to pass it up. Right now, I’m the only one with a car seat. If Emerson ever got sent home early from daycare, I’d be screwed. My mom usually is done working by 12 or 1pm, so if he did need to go home early, she could pick him up. They had no car seat though and its always a stress for me anytime I’m in town working. What would we do?! When he was in the carrier, they had a base in the car. I was able to leave the carrier at daycare, so when he did get sent home before, my mom had no issue. Now, we’d have a BIG issue. Anyway, I’m glad we have the car seat now. We could never drive anywhere with my parents either. I had my car seat professionally installed, so I don’t want to have to uninstall it to switch cars. This will be so much nicer and easier for us. Emerson will be able to ride in my parent’s car without an issue now!

I also purchased a push car for Emerson. It’s just a car for Emerson to ride in that has an extended handle that I can push. I try taking him on walks now, but he always ends up in someone’s yard, or trying to walk up their stairs. This way, we can take walks with him buckled in. He isn’t really about the stroller these days either. He seems to want to really be OUT, so I thought this would be  a nice alternative. It has a little trunk too, so we can tote around snacks and water with us. It also has a working horn as well. I Plan on taking him to the park tomorrow with his new push car. It’s going to be absolutely gorgeous too! I’m excited.

Alright, I hope everyone has a REALLY nice weekend. Enjoy the weather!


No comments: