Monday, April 13, 2015

Mummy is so behind


I know I haven’t written in a while. To be honest, I don’t even remember what the hell I wrote about, or when I actually posted something. I’m too lazy to go back and look either, so if this seems a bit out of sorts, my apologies! I swear, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I start the day with a huge list and barely make a dent in it. I’m lucky we make it out the door in the morning, which is starting to become a problem. We used to leave promptly at 5:58am every day. Now, I’m lucky if we squeak out of the door by 6;15am. I’ve been having to work later because of it too. I’m so tired in the morning because Emerson has been sleeping very poorly. The craziest thing is he wants to sleep when I need him to be up in the mornings! I wish he’d just do that at night. I’m finding he isn’t a morning person like his mother!
 
Anyway, this weekend was fabulous. I received the picnic table, water table, playhouse, and slide that I ordered for Emerson last week. I probably forgot to write about that too. I’ve been saving my pennies for a while to be able to afford some things for the yard for when the weather turns warm. We get paid three times in May too, so one paycheck is basically a free for all. I moved some things around to be able to buy the yard toys a little earlier. I’m so glad I did. Emerson had a blast out there yesterday. We spent six hours in the yard. My best friend brought her son over to play too. The boys had snack at his picnic table, then played with his house and yard toys for a few hours. After they left, Emerson napped for an hour. He had lunch at the table inside of his play house, then ran around the yard for another few hours. I lathered him up with so much sunscreen. His hair was so greasy! I ended up getting sunburnt though. I don’t even care. I hope it tans! I’m so pale! Anyway, I thought he would crash last night. He didn’t! He slept worse than ever. He has about 7-8 teeth that just poked through, so maybe it’s because of that. I have no idea. I just hope this phase ends. It’s been a few weeks of this. I’m still able to get him down at bedtime for a few hours, but after that, he’s done and wants on the boob and in my bed. I need to work harder on that. I wish he’d sleep solo for longer than 2 hours though! The other night, he lasted 4 hours. I thought we were getting somewhere after that, but had a regression last night. We’ll see.
 
Saturday, I went to a bridal shower for a co-worker. It was so nice and the shower was beautiful. My mom babysat for me, which I really appreciated. On top of that, she let me take her car too. Emerson had a great time with her and ended up crashing a few hours after I left. My dad baby-proofed the entire house too, which I thought was sweet. He even offered to babysit if my mom had to work. The shower didn’t last too long and was over well before the end time on the invitation. I had texted my sisters and dad earlier in the week asking if they wanted to do cake for mum’s birthday on Saturday night. Everyone said yes. I tried making her a nice birthday cake, but ended up wrecking it trying to decorate it. The only good thing is it tasted amazing. I made a double milk chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter ganache filling and cream cheese frosting. To die for! Even decorated as hideous as it was, it tasted amazing. Everyone came over and we all ate dinner, sang happy birthday, ate cake, and hung out for a while. I made my mom a really pretty wreath, made the cake, and gave her a really pretty potted flower, which she loved. Her actual birthday is tomorrow, So Emerson and I took the day off, so that we can spend it with her. We are going to take her out for ice cream.
 
This week, we’re going to play in the yard after work and just hang out at home. The yard was cut on Saturday, so it’s all ready to go. I had a lawn company come over last week for an estimate. The price was very fair, so now they’ll come every two weeks. I just need to go grab a stamp, so that I can send out payment for the first cut. I’m overly please with the work they did. It was nice to have a clean yard yesterday. I just hope the rain holds off, so the grass doesn’t grow faster than our next cut!
 
This weekend, I’m having front tires put on my car. Ugh. I’m due for inspection by May 1st. I have the inspected scheduled for April 20th. My dad says I need new front tires, so we’re handling that this weekend. It sucks, but it has to be done. I just hope and pray that nothing is wrong and it passes. I just had brakes put on. That coupled with the tires should hopefully be all. I’ll be a damn nervous wreck until it’s over.
 
Alright, I think that’s about all I have for now. I have to finish up 100 things and try to pump at least once. I hope everyone has a great week!
 
 

No comments: