Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mummy's restless baby

It's been quite sometime that I began sleep training Emerson. It's insane what a long process this is. He's still not sleeping through the night. He's still sleeping with me too. Sure, I can get him down solo initially, but we always end up co- sleeping a couple of hours later. This whole this is so tough. I don't think I'm stern, or strict enough, which is why I don't have this completed yet. I can't even leave his bedside until he's fully asleep, which can sometimes take 5 minutes or over an hour. When it's quick, I feel like my parenting and methods are right, but when it takes longer, I start to question myself.

Why did no one warn me that this would be one of the hardest things that I'd tackle as a mother?? I always heard comments about sleeping now before the baby arrived, but no one ever really said why. Obviously, I knew he'd wake often to eat, but I didn't think we'd still be doing this at nearly 15 months old.

I type this now from his bedside. The bed he is tossing and turning in, while fighting sleep. Yawns escape his lips, his little eye lids flutter with exhaustion, but sleep does not come easy. I think the sandman got lost on the way to our house tonight......

No comments: