Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I hate being poor

The next ten days are going to be extremely hard for me. I cannot spend ANY money outside of putting gas in the car, groceries, diapers, wipes, and loading my bus card up.  I’m sure you’re wondering why. Well, $300 for a crown is not cheap. I paid $150 when I went to my appointment last Friday, but I need to pay the remaining $150 when I go back on the 16th. It SUCKS. I’m trying my hardest to not dwell about it because it is something that I truly did need fixed, but man.  My pockets are suffering badly. On top of that, I got slapped with a $110 water bill that I wasn’t expecting. I am basically $410 in the hole and trying to dig my way out. Luckily, all of the other bills are paid, so we are okay in that aspect. I just need to really crack down and get back into my cheaper way of living. Becoming a Beachbody coach has been great and all, but a few people returned their Shakeology, which put me in the negative, so any commission I was getting went towards that. I haven’t been pushing very hard with that business either, so I’m not really generating any income from it. I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it without bogging myself down. I really enjoy working out and coaching the folks that are using the programs, but I don’t have time to send messages every day to invite people to use the products. On top of that, posting constantly to attract interest was exhausting. It’s been really nice to take a step back from that part of the business, but losing out on the income has been EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. For the last three months, I was becoming overly comfortable with that income. We weren’t doing anything lavish, but I was buying more and better quality groceries. That’s the part I’m going to miss the most. I refuse to go back to eating Ramen every day though. Even if it means I’m eating plain brown rice for lunch, I don’t care.

I do see a couple of tough months ahead financially for us. Christmas is looming too. I cut the lists down to barely nothing to help  out, so we should be okay there. Emerson won’t really know the difference anyway, plus my parents will spoil him regardless. It does make me nervous to be strapped this badly, but I am on the right road to hopefully correcting it. It saddens and sickens me that $400 sends me into a tizzy. It should make, or break me, but it really did! The last thing I want is to be overly stressed about money. It has been so nice to not worry as much as I typically do. The next ten days are going to be such a challenge, but I know if I can make it through without spending a dime, then I can make it through the next few months.

Luckily, there are so many free Fall and Halloween events going on this month that Emerson and I can still enjoy the festivities without spending money. I already bought his Halloween costume too, so we’re all set there. I think we’ll have plenty to distract ourselves over hopping in the car going to dinner, or random trips to Walmart. We need to get back to the basics with crafting at home, going on walks, the park, and having free play dates. I hate that money controls everything.

I sent Emerson’s dad an email last week. I basically asked if he’d be willing to help with daycare costs, or any costs for that matter. I write an almost $800 check every month. It would be amazing if he’d actually pitch in to help me. I understand that he doesn’t want Emerson, but he still helped create him. He is still financially responsible for him. I don’t understand why people don’t want to do things in an amicable way. He never responded, which doesn’t surprise me.  Anyway, I am not going to dwell on about that. It is what it is. I put it out there, which I’m sure he just LOVED reading that I was asking him for help. It isn’t help. It’s your responsibility to your child. I have never asked him for anything, or pursued anything either. I am a really good mom. I handle my shit by myself, which I have no problem with, but I can’t get a second job because I can’t afford more daycare. I can’t make money appear out of thin air either. Some things I just can’t do. Okay, enough about that.

Alright, guys. I am going to wrap this up now. I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday! Thanks for always sticking with me!

No comments: