Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Unknown territory

Before I get into the more juicier stuff that you guys probably want to read, I wanted to talk about my workout today. 45 minutes blasting my glutes! Dumbbell step ups, weighed squats, donkey kicks, lunges, dead lifts, then walking lunges. I did 25 reps with 10lb weights, then repeated three times. I crushed it. I can tell I’m going to feel this tomorrow. I need to use heavier weights, so I can do less reps.  That way, it doesn’t take me as long when I’m on my lunch break. I’ll get there, but today was awesome. Tomorrow is my cardio day, then I finally get to rest on Friday. Here is what my weekly workout looked like. We’re starting from Saturday when I officially decided to shift from the 21 day fix to lifting.

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Chest and Back

Monday: Tris/Bis

Tuesday: Shoulders and abs

Wednesday: Glutes

Thursday: Cardio

Friday: Rest

Not too bad! It’s nice breaking everything  down to this level. The 21 day fix extreme did a nice job of doing that, but this is driving even more into a specific area at one time. Grow, baby, grow!

Okay, so last night, after Emerson went to bed, I invited my friend over. We’ve been friends for about 12 years. Years and years ago we started to hang out a little bit, but the timing was never right…meaning I always had a boyfriend, or an ex-boyfriend in the mix, or I was just an ahole looking for something else outside of what was in my face. Anyway, we’ve maintained our friendship all of these years. We pretty much talk daily even if it’s just a quick chat. We know each other fairly well, so there isn’t really any bologna to muddle through. I wasn’t inviting him over as a romantic hangout, date, or whatever the kids are calling it these days. It’s just nice to be in adult company sometimes. I don’t have a lot of freedom to go out, so inviting friends over after Em is in bed is what I am limited to. It’s not a bad deal either. It isn’t interrupting my time with Emerson and I also don’t have to get dressed up. Score!

I’m not sure what he viewed it as. I wasn’t having him come over to hook up, or something weird like that. I thought we could just talk, play with the dog, and watch t.v. Pretty basic. We did just that. We talked for a long time, we played with the dog, and we watched t.v. He did bust a move on me, which I didn’t ward off, or hate. We have been friends for so long that it’s sometimes hard to see people in a new light. Sometimes it’s hard to look past a friendship onto other feelings, but it didn’t feel strange at all. I get pretty freaked out these days because I’m very mindful of Emerson, and I like my independence. I am very picky when it comes to who I am spending my time with. It was really nice. Nothing CRAZY happened, guys. We kept our pants on. LOL Someone is going to have to work pretty hard for that to happen, but it was nice to not have any pressure either. I don’t really know what will happen from here, but I am oddly not worried about it. It was nice to be in good company last night and to not have to sit on the couch all by my lonesome. I’ll obviously keep you guys updated. We have emailed back and forth today. He sent me an email and apologized for keeping me up so late. I guess it’s a good sign that he even said anything. I guess I didn’t scare him off too badly yet! Just kidding.

A little background though about Mr. X (I refuse to name drop and I also hope he doesn’t have access to this blog. How embarrassing) He is a couple of years older than me, but not by much. He lives fairly close to me. He’s in the IT and graphic design business. He has no children, and lives on his own. He has 3 turtles as pets though. 2 of them are pretty old. I believe both are over 20 years old. He has a sister who is married, but has no children. She does have 2 dogs though that he loves, and visits several times throughout the week. He actually met Kodie (my dog) when she was a puppy. She warmed right up to him when he came over last night, which was nice. I’m not sure how he feels about children though. Throughout all of our conversations when I was pregnant through now, he strikes me as the type that wants to date someone with freedom. Someone who can come and go whenever they please, go on vacation, and not be tied down too much. Obviously, I don’t have that kind of freedom. He doesn’t drink really at all, and he never parties either. He was never a bar kind of person either. He’s into cars and car shows, he does workout at the gym though he isn’t nearly as crazy about it as me, which is probably a good balance. He is a very nice, respectful person, which is really important. He has some old-fashioned tendencies, which I think are nearly extinct in this day and age, so that’s refreshing. The fact that he wasn’t pawing at me ridiculously last night says A LOT. Some people don’t know how to just go slow, work your way up to those kinds of things, and just enjoy the moments leading up to THAT. Everything is RUSH, RUSH, RUSH. Okay, that’s about all I have for now. Again, I don’t know what will happen and I’m not even sure what I would like to happen, but not having expectations is so nice.

Let’s switch gears. Emerson got to take his teddy bear to school today. He was so darn excited about it too. He cracks me up. While I was driving him to school, I kept hearing him kiss the bear in the back seat. He is so silly. Alright, guys. I have so much to do, so I am going to cut this now. Have a fabulous hump day!

No comments: