Friday, October 23, 2015

This was written yesterday. Whoops

Sore is an understatement to how I feel today. WOW. Yesterday, I trained a co-worker at the studio. I put together three rounds of an intense glute/leg/abs workout. It was amazing though. I felt sore an hour after the workout, so I knew today I was going to suffer. Today was my cardio day. Instead of just running, I decided to organize and outside High Intensity Interval Training workout (HIIT). Anyway, we all headed over to the park. We ran back and forth, which ended up being 1.5 miles when we were done. In between lapse, we dropped and did sets of burpees, mountain climbers, and high knees. I set a 20 minute timer. We basically repeated that as many times as we could get in 20 minutes. When it was all said and done, we ran down 6 times and back 6 times, which totaled to 1.5 miles. We did 20 burpees, 20 high knees, and 20 mountain climbers. Not too shabby!  Tomorrow is triceps and calves. My butt and thighs are so, so sore, so that should give them a good rest. Saturday is my rest day. I haven’t figured out Sunday yet. We have so many plans that I think by the time Sunday rolls around, I’ll be exhausted. I don’t like the idea of taking two rest days in a week though. Maybe I’ll do some yoga just to stretch out. We’ll see. I’m not opposed to do a quick HIIT workout on Sunday. As long as my cardio isn’t surpassing 45 minutes, I should be okay. Anything more than that, then I risk burning off muscle. No good. I’ll keep it around the 20 minute mark. Quick and dirty. Okay, enough about my workout. It was epic though. I still have a workout high from it!

I finished the raccoon mask. Boy, was that thing difficult to make. Cutting out basically 4 eyes and trying to line them up between felt and the mask posed a big challenge for me, but I got it done. I hope it fits nicely on Em’s face. I need to measure it and adjust the elastic. I’ll test it out tonight and see what I need to do. I won’t be at daycare to see him rip it off anyway, so I don’t care. I just know it’s way better than the lame ass supplies they gave me yesterday to make him a mask!

Alright, guys. I am going to end this. I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!

No comments: