Thursday, October 22, 2015

This is from yesterday


I got a letter home from daycare on Monday that the teachers are changing Halloween this year. Instead of having the kiddos dress up in costumes, they’re doing a masquerade instead. They think it might be easier than having to send costumes and getting all the kids changed into them. I can see their point. They are going to be sending home supplies, so that the parents can make masks for the kiddos. We don’t have to use their supplies, but if we go our own route, we just can’t use anything that might fall off, or create a choking hazard. Naturally, I’m doing my own thing. I got a pattern to try to make Emerson a raccoon mask. I found something so adorable on Pinterest. I’m going to put him in a gray sweat suit for that day too. I doubt he’ll keep the mask on, but it’s worth a shot. I doubt they expect the smaller ones to wear their masks all day anyway, but I have no problem making the effort. I just hope I don’t mess it up.  I need to have it done by next Friday. I need to give myself time to mess it up too!  On top of the mask, I needed to sign up to send in a treat. I was just going to do goldfish crackers in treat bags, then make the treat bag look like a jack-o-lantern. Easy and cheap. I did have some other ideas, but we’ll see. 

Em is being a nerd for the Halloween parade this Saturday, and for the Halloween party we’re going to on Saturday night. I have to get some white tape, so I can make him some glasses. I bought a pair of glasses at the dollar store, so I just need to fix those up. I doubt he’ll wear them, but I hope I can get one picture. I was going to dress up as a nerd too. We’ll see.  It depends what I have at home to make that happen. LOL

Shocker, that chick is working at home today. This is now the second time this week. For occasionally, she is making it pretty regular, huh? Yesterday, she was at someone else’s desk gabbing for 30 minutes, then had the audacity to shout out “What does she do all day?” about one of our co-workers who works off site in another state.  It is so hard to bite my tongue sometimes. I was just told by a co-worker that our supervisor did tell that chick that she needs to find a daycare, but who knows how long ago she told her that. I don’t even know if it’s worth bringing up at this point. I don’t want to look petty, but seriously. It’s DRIVING ME NUTS!

It was 70 degrees yesterday and will be just as warm today and tomorrow, which means we can play in the yard! The grass just got cut too, which makes it even better. I need to go to the store after work today to get some stuff for our fire on Friday night, and then to pick up the supplies to try to make Emerson’s masquerade mask. We also need wipes too. I’m not sure what dinner will be tonight. Last night, we had meatballs, pasta, vodka sauce, and garlic bread. It was yummy!

Okay, I am going to cut this now. I have a lot of stuff to do! Happy Wednesday, guys!

No comments: