Monday, October 5, 2015

Our weekend

This weekend was awesome. On Friday, I went grocery shopping after work, zoomed to daycare to pick Em up, then headed back home. We had pizza for dinner. It was delicious! My mouth was still pretty sore, but I was actually able to eat dinner with Em. I didn’t do anything after he went to bed. I was pretty exhausted from being in pain all day. I just laid on the couch with Kodie and watched HGTV.

On Saturday, I woke up at 6am. I knew Em would probably sleep until at least 7. I wanted to shower and get ready for the day, then clean up the house. We needed to pick my sister up at 9am, so she could watch Em before my dentist appointment. Anyway, Em slept in until 830! I was shocked. I got him up, packed an on-the-go breakfast, then headed out to get my sister. My tooth actually felt 100 times better, so I canceled my appointment. I was afraid the dentist would tinker around and make it start hurting again. After I picked up Britt, we went up to Burlington to grab something for Em to wear to the wedding that we were attending that afternoon. Then, we headed back home to eat lunch. While Em took a nap, Britt and I did our hair and make-up, then got dressed. It worked out perfectly. Em woke up around 2pm, so we got him dressed and ready. The wedding started at 3 and it was surprisingly on –time. The ceremony was nice. My cousin looked very, very happy. Em and I had to retreat into the nursey because he was not sitting still. The good thing is the nursery had a huge glass windowed that looked out to the chapel, so I was able to watch the entire wedding. The room was mainly soundproof too, so no one could hear Em when he was being loud. It worked out perfectly. Afterwards, we stopped past my parent’s house because we had an hour to kill between the ceremony and reception. The reception started at 5. Em was the only kid there. He had a great time though. I chased him around pretty much the entire time we were there. 5pm-9pm. My feet were so sore by the time we left, but I had a great time. When we got home, he went right to sleep. The poor guy was so tuckered out.

On Sunday, we went to my parent’s house to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. They went away to a cabin all weekend, so we hadn’t really spoken to them. We got a cake and some cards too. It was nice. Afterwards, Em and I went home to play in the yard for a bit. I put a chicken and potato casserole in the crock pot, so dinner was done too. We ate around 6. I let Em stay up a little later. He took a 2.5 hour nap, so he wasn’t really ready at his usual time. When he did go to bed, I worked out, then watched my shows. Nothing major.

Here we are. Monday.  I hope this week doesn’t suck. It’s already showing some signs though. I hope you all have a great week though!

No comments: