Monday, December 1, 2014

Mummy's Thanksgiving

I don’t even know where to begin. Having the last 4.5 days off was incredible. I had no idea how we’d fill all of that time though, but now that it’s done and over with, we had no problem whatsoever. I for sure thought I’d have the worst case of cabin fever by the time Monday rolled around, but that didn’t happen at all. I guess I’ll go day by day. I hope I don’t forget anything!

Wednesday: I had a half of day at work and Emerson stayed home from daycare. He was so well behaved the entire time I worked. I was stressed about it. I’m glad it was okay though! Afterwards, we went home and just hung out for the night. I made some milky way chocolate bark for Thanksgiving, while Emerson napped. Other than that, there wasn’t too much to report.

Thursday: Emerson’s first Thanksgiving! It was great! We went to my parent’s house around 12:30pm and ended up staying over there until around 6pm. We came home and went to bed by 7pm! We were stuffed and tired. It was a nice Thanksgiving though. Nothing too crazy. Just dinner with the family. Emerson loved turkey and all of the fixings. He ate everything and even some pie!

Friday: We were up pretty early because we went to bed too early, but that’s okay. We ran some errands to grab some Christmas ornaments for our tree. My parents and nephew came over to help us decorate the house, tree, and string lights outside. It was so fun! I was grateful for their help. My nephew occupied the baby, so that my mum and I could decorate around the house. Dad made a little Christmas Tree out of lights on the front porch. It looks really festive and cute! That night, we just hung out at home and enjoyed our decorations.

Saturday: We hung around the house all day until about 3pm. We went over to my parent’s house and then headed to the mall with my sister. We were there from about 4:45 until about 7:30pm. We had a great time though! I had to exchange a dress for a Christmas gift for my sister. I’m officially done with her now. I’m pretty much done shopping now, which is great. I’m waiting for some things to come in the mail and then I’ll tackle wrapping.

Sunday: This was a very busy day. My old roommate, her husband, and two little girls came over in the morning. They brought us a huge Christmas tree and decorations. I cannot wait to set up the tree! Our tree is so tiny. It is only 3ft tall and a perfect fit for a table top. Amy brought me a 7.5 foot tree! I can’t wait to set it up! It’s going to look awesome in my livingroom. I’m going to work on that throughout the week. After Amy left, we got ready and went to visit Erin and Madison. We were there for a bit. It was nice hanging out and seeing Madison. She was born in October. After we left Erin’s house, we headed over to Daria’s house. She gave us a ton of her 20 month old son’s clothes, which was so nice. Emerson was in desperate need of clothing. It was great to sit and hang out with her and her family. Afterwards, we went to my parent’s house for dinner and then back home! It was a full few days, but it was great!

I’m working from home today and going grocery shopping afterwards. We are in desperate need of just about everything. I need to do my budgeting, pay some bills, and drop my rent check off too. It’ll be a busy day for me. The festival of trees starts on Thursday, so I think we’ll go to that. Santa will be there, so I plan on having Emerson meet him  I hope we get a good picture! Alright, I have so much to catch up on work-wise. I hope you guys all had a great holiday!

No comments: