Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Mummy is crafty!

I just got back from the most awkward Christmas luncheon in with my team and the parallel areas that we work with. Seriously, so weird. I sat there myself. Now, I typically think of myself as a pretty social person. I’m friendly, make conversation, and pretty outgoing. Ouch. Sitting there myself, while others were chatting sucked. I even tried to neb my way into some conversations. I wasn’t well received. People weren’t rude, or anything. They just didn’t really engage back. You could tell everyone felt awkward. We very rarely break out of our cubicles to come together, so I think no one really gets how to socialize with one another. At the end, it was better. A guy in our area is having a baby and his wife is due on Christmas Eve. We baby talked for a bit, but aside from that, it was freaking strange. Can we not do that again for a while? I think I’ll just skip the next social event! I’ll spare my feelings. It was so bad, I was actually texting my mom the entire time! She said “I’ll be your friend” Wow, that made me feel better. Not! LOL

So, after daycare last night, I made my Walmart run. I ended up picking up the most adorable supplies to make ornaments for the entire daycare staff. Wow! They came out amazing. I took a clear ornament ball and stuffed it with shredded notebook paper. Then, I made a cute bow from ribbon that has a ruler print on it. I bought school-themed bubble print stickers and stuck those on the front of the ornament. Wah-la! Adorable! What do you guys think? I absolutely love it! I hope the staff does too. They have Emerson for 11 hours a day. I feel like I could never ever say “Thank you” as much as they deserve it. Yes, they have ticked me off from time to time, but that’s because I hate the policy sometimes. They are a great group of people though and I really appreciate the way they take care of Emerson every single day. He loves them so much and I know they love him. I can tell that he means more to them than just one of the regular attendees. Teachers pet? Anyway, I have to make 13 more ornaments. I didn’t buy enough stuff last night, so back to Walmart it is. I bought all of the supplies for the wreath that I need to make. My mom wants us to come over tomorrow night, so I’m thinking I can put the wreath together, while she occupies Emerson. That way, I can have it ready to be shipped on Friday.



Tonight, I want to prep my Oreo truffles. I figure if I can get the cookies crushed and mixed in with the cream cheese, I can roll into balls and just let them set in the fridge. On Thursday night, I can dunk them into chocolate and decorate to be ready for daycare on Friday. I really hope I didn’t bite off more than I can chew. I need the ornaments, truffles, and wreath done by Friday! I know it doesn’t seem like a lot to do, but it is when the baby needs my attention. After daycare, if he doesn’t nap, he is usually cranky and wants held. I can’t hold him and do all of the things on my list. Even if he does occupy himself, by the time we do dinner and bath, it’s bedtime. We’ve been getting to bed around 830-9pm lately, which I like. That gives me a little more time, but not enough to do all of this stuff. I’ll really be banking on my mom to help me out with him on Thursday night. I usually don’t ask for help at all, but desperate times, people. LOL

Alright, I am going to wrap this up now. I have to finish up some things, pump, and then try to reconcile my budget sheet before I head out. I don’t want to buy more clear ornaments tonight if things are too tight. I’m pretty sure I’m okay thought. I hope you all have a fantastic evening 





No comments: