Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mummy misses her baby today!

So, a few days ago, I realized that my cell phone was taking forever to charge. I’m not even over exaggerating either. Yesterday, it took my phone 8 hours to charge up to 100%. Of course, I was pretty concerned considering I cannot afford to get a new phone. This one is an upgrade. Yes, I have insurance, but the insurance still costs about $150 to replace the phone. Anyway, today I asked a co-worker to use her phone charger to see if it’s my charger, or phone that’s broken. I had to wiggle her charger just to get it to work in my phone, but it did charge a bit faster. So, I am still perplexed. I think it might be a combination of my phone and my charger. We’ll see. Right now, I turned my phone off to charge it up a bit with her charger. I don’t like doing that on the off chance that daycare tries to call me. I’d hope they’d leave a message if I didn’t answer. It does make me nervous doing that though.

I miss my Emmie Pie today. Of course, I miss him every day, but some days are worse than others. This is one of those days. He is so adorable! I can’t even help it. After work yesterday, he was so tired. He literally laid down on the floor on two pillows. It was adorable. Of course, he didn’t fall asleep like that. I rocked him and put him down for a nap around 6pm. He was so tired. He ended up skipping dinner and bath and going right to bed. He slept pretty well last night. The only downfall is that he woke up earlier than expected this morning. Typically, he’s asleep while I get ready for work and pack the work bag and diaper bag. It’s just easier for me to get ready and everything else ready without juggling him too. He was up with me this morning, but was an angel. I ended up getting to the bus a bit late, but that’s okay. Speaking of bus, it was late AGAIN yesterday afternoon. I won’t dwell on it, but this is going to be one very long winter if this keeps up. Thirty minutes on the sidewalk in the freezing cold was not fun. I don’t get it. We switched drivers about a week ago. Ever since, the bus is always late. I wish we had our old drivers back. They were much better.

Last night, Emerson almost walked alone. I posted a video of it to my G+ account if you guys are curious. Kodie was very excited though and knocked him down. She is so obsessed with giving him kisses. It drives me insane. I hope she gets that under control. No matter how many times I tell her to stop, she continues to kiss him. Anyway, I hope he takes his first real steps at home and not daycare. Even if he does though, I’ll still pretend LOL It isn’t official until the mama sees it anyway, right?!

Tonight, we’re going to The Festival of Trees. I’m not taking the stroller. It’s so crammed in there as it is. I hate when people bring their bulky strollers. The baby’s want to be out and seeing everything anyway. I’ll just hold Emerson. We won’t be there very long anyway. You can only look at the trees for so long. I just hope the line to meet Santa isn’t crazy! He rides in on a fire truck tonight because it’s the first night of the festival. I know, that sounds really weird, but it’s exciting for the kids. I plan on taking him up to the festival at least another time. They have a sleigh ride. I just have to check the weather. It would be awesome to take him on that one night as long as it isn’t too cold. After work, I’m going to run home to let the dog out, change my clothes, get clothes out for Emerson, pick him up from daycare, run back home, change him, pack up the diaper bag, and head over to the festival. I am praying that I am able to pump AT LEAST 3 extra ounces of milk today, so that I can bring a bottle with us. So far, I have 6 ounces and I’m pumping at least 3 more times. It’ll be so much less stressful on me if I can take a bottle with us. That way, we won’t need to rush to make it home for dinner, and I won’t have to nurse in public. Emerson doesn’t like to be covered and the entire world would definitely get a show. I’m not comfortable with that! Did I mention the festival and everything is free? We just have to donate a canned good for each of us. I have plenty of those at home, so it’s such a nice thing that we can do and it won’t blow our budget.

Emerson has no Christmas clothes at all. I really need to get on that. We need to make a trip up to once upon a child to grab some jammies and things. It’s so cheap and makes sense. I’m not going to buy new Christmas items for him to wear for three weeks. That seems stupid. I know I can get Christmas jammies for $2.00 and some Christmas shirts and such too. It sucks I don’t have a Christmas shirt to put on him tonight. #momfail. Hopefully we can remedy that pretty quickly. I took a half day next Wednesday and I plan on taking Emerson to see Santa Claus. I’m hoping because we’re going so early in the day, there won’t be a line. This way, if the picture isn’t good, maybe the people there will re-take it. I just need to make sure he has a Christmas shirt, or something to wear when he meets Santa!

Alright, I have so much work today. I hope you guys all have a great Thursday!










No comments: