Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mummy's real update!

Okay, I feel better. Now, onto the real blog. So, when I picked Emerson up from daycare, he was in the one year old room! It made me so sad! His teacher told me that he is fully ready to be over there aside from not walking yet. I told her I might cry! I don’t want him to leave the baby room. I love his teachers and I just love it over there. She said the parents typically have a harder time with the transition than the kids. I guess they are easing him into it. I can see him being moved over well before 1 year though, especially when he begins walking. I am so upset about it though. I know, it sounds silly to those of you not in this situation, but it’s just a hard change. It was difficult for me to become comfortable with the idea of daycare and his teachers. I am so accustomed to the way it is now. Change is going to be difficult. It also symbolizes that he’s not a baby anymore. It’s breaking my heart!

Afterwards, we did pick up the Christmas cards. They turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I’ve written them all out. I just need to finish addressing the envelopes, stamping them, and then sending them off into the mailbox! I only ordered 20 cards to start. They’re just going to close friends and family. The cards were very cheap, so I may end up ordering a few more for co-workers for Christmas and a few to have handy in case we see friends over the holidays. This way, I can design a different card too! I didn’t save a card for myself either, which I need too. Someday, it would be great to scrapbook Emerson’s first year. I have a few art projects that were sent home from daycare too. It would be awesome to get those into an album. That’s something I’d like to start working on immediately before his first birthday. There are not enough hours in the day!

When we got home, Emerson had an explosive poop, so I changed him and we played awhile. I was starving and so was he, so I made dinner pretty early. We had fish sticks, pierogies, and corn. Yummy! After dinner, Emerson was a bit tired. It was so early though! He started to become pretty tired and cranky around 6:45pm, so we went to bath early. Afterwards, he was in bed and down by 7:30pm! I was pretty tired and fell asleep fairly early myself. I woke up around 10:45pm and couldn’t get back to sleep until after midnight. Ugh. I hate when that happens. Emerson was a doll though and slept pretty much all night until this morning.

I just received an email that our work from home days are being cut in December and January. I’m not really happy about this because I work from home to save money on the bus. It sucks so badly to try to find that extra money to come into town. I’m going to go cry in a corner right now.


No comments: