Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mummy's surprise day!

I’ve been super swamped today, but wanted to be able to blog. Yesterday was just so crazy. I’m still processing how I feel about it. I guess I’ll begin with work. I won’t get into too much detail, but we had a pretty big meeting yesterday with our entire division. Hundreds of people crowded into the auditorium. No one really wanted to go to the meeting because we’re all busy, but by the end of it, I think we were all glad we did go. Our VP raffled off a ton of $50 gift cards and a $500 gift card. No, I didn’t win, but he did announce that we were all getting a little extra in our last check of the year. I almost cried. I’ve been so worried about Christmas and Emerson’s birthday party. Both are so close together. We didn’t get THAT much, but we did get enough that I think I’ll be able to squeeze by now. Things were looking pretty tight. Of course, there were people who were unappreciative, but I was so happy. It took all of my might not to start bawling over the sincere gratitude I felt in that moment.

After work, I headed to the craft store to pick up a few items for the wreath I have to make for my Etsy sale. Afterwards, I headed to daycare to scoop Emerson. Boy, was I surprised when I walked in the door. The school pictures were in! I cannot even begin to describe how absolutely adorable Emerson looked in his picture! WOW! I’m SO MAD at myself that I didn’t get the bigger package. The pictures are gorgeous! I wish I had more to hand out to more friends and family, so now, I am struggling with who to give the few pictures to that I did receive. My parents and younger sister are definitely getting the bigger photographs. I took the biggest one. My dad wants a wallet for himself and a few to put inside Christmas cards that he’s sending out. He’s a proud pap and wants to show off his boy! I can’t blame him! My friend, Carina, definitely wants a picture, so I’m going to mail hers out this week. I’d also like to insert a photo in the Christmas card that I give daycare too. I guess I’ll just hang onto the rest and worry about how to divvy them up later. I cannot stop staring at the pictures though. They came out so adorably! My boy is such a ham!

When we got home, I was a little concerned when we pulled up to the house. I saw two packages sitting on our porch. I knew one was definitely for me because I ordered an adorable stone for Chloe. The second package was a mystery and led me into a panic. Did I accidentally order something while I was browsing online? I have a habit of browsing A LOT. I window shop because I can’t afford to do the real thing. I was having a cow. The baby was passed out in his seat, so I got him in the house, let the dog out, and ran back outside to grab both packages. The mystery package had my name on it, so the mailman didn’t make a mistake. I opened the package, ignored the contents inside, and went straight for the receipt. Whew. My name was NOT the payee. A friend of mine must have sent me a gift! I was really upset at first. I don’t want people to think that I NEED them to send me gifts, or anything. I especially don’t want anyone to feel that I ask for such things, or I am using anyone. That is not how I roll. I opened up the package and found two adorable dresses inside. Wow. I was blown away. Still upset, but blown away at the generosity. I texted my friend with a mix of emotions. Thankfulness, appreciation, but anger for spending on me when I didn’t necessarily NEED these items. I was told that it was just a nice gesture and to have a good Christmas. Wow. I am still blown away. The fact that nothing was asked of me in return baffles me. Are people really just this nice? Am I even deserving of such generosity? I am still trying to wrap my mind around this. After a few minutes, I went to the mailbox to grab my actual mail. To my surprise, there were two small packages tucked inside. My stomach dropped. Not more. I can’t take more! I hoped both up to find a phone and car charger. Remember me saying my charger broke and my phone took 8+ hours to charge? Wow. Someone was listening. Back to the phone I went. I still do not fully understand how I have people in my life who actually care about me and want to make me smile. It does make me feel happy, but sad at the same time. I don’t want anyone to go out of their way for me. It’s one thing to send the baby a gift, but not me. I hope that’s the last of the surprise Christmas gifts for the year. I am truly so thankful, but I want everyone to save their money. I sent my friend a Christmas card. A card in return would have been more than enough. What an absolute sweetheart.

Emerson ended up napping until 645pm, which was a welcomed change. I knew he’d stay up later and maybe it would be easier to put him to bed. It’s strange going to bed at 7pm. I was hopeful that because we’d have a late start on dinner and bath, Em would stay up until closer to 9 and go to bed easier. God really answered my prayers because that’s exactly what happened. When he woke up, we ate dinner together. He scarfed down so much tuna noodle casserole. It was unreal! I guess I make a good tuna casserole, huh?! After dinner, we played for a long time. I was able to do the dishes though, which is always nice. Around 830, Emerson started to get a bit fussy and tired, so we headed to the tub. He played in the bath for a while, then it was jammie time. He played a little longer, then it was bed time. I was sort of dreading bedtime just because the past few days have been rough, but he went down so easily. It was nice. He slept pretty much all night too. I woke up engorged! My first pump of the day resulted in a big output of 8oz of milk! I pumped a second time this morning and got the last 4oz I needed. I’m due to pump one more time, which means it’s all extra! I love having extra. It just means I can take a bottle with us if we have anywhere to go. I love when that happens.

After work tonight, I have to run to Walmart to get the last of the wreath supplies, so that I can get this thing made and shipped by the end of the week. I plan on sending it out on Friday. I have a half day. My mom works 12pm-6pm on Friday, so we’re not hanging out now. I’ll run errands, clean, and wrap my gifts though, so it won’t be a total bust of a half day. We’re also celebrating my dad’s 55th birthday this weekend, so I need to pick up a card for him!

Alright, I am going to finish up the stuff I need to do! Have a great Tuesday, all!

No comments: