Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mummy is getting excited!

Emerson was burning up so badly last night. Teething is really getting the better of him this time around. When I picked him up from daycare, the staff told me he was cranky all day. He smiled when I walked in, but you could just see it all over his face. Poor kiddo. He slept on the way home and for about 45 minutes after daycare. He woke up screaming and was so hot. After a dose of Tylenol, he fell back asleep for a few hours. I snuggled him on the couch, then ate dinner, then put us all to bed. He kept waking throughout the night and crying out in pain. I felt so bad. He ended up sleeping in this morning, which I let him because sleep is probably the best thing for him right now. Please pray this tooth comes all the way in, or stops bugging him so much by Christmas. He seemed a lot better this morning, but still a big grouchy. I gave him some Tylenol and sent him to daycare. His diarrhea is completely gone at least. He hasn’t vomited either, so I think we really are on the upswing of things. i I’m working from home, then running to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for Christmas Eve dinner. I know it’ll be nuts out there. I just hope it isn’t too bad. I want to pick Emerson up early too. I don’t want him to suffer longer than he has to. Today is so busy at work too. I have some hours leftover, but I know I’ll never get approval to log off early, so I’ll just save them for another day.

I don’t think I mentioned this, but I changed the menu for dinner tomorrow. I’m making stuffing balls as an appetizer, then we’ll have Swiss cheese chicken casserole, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. My dad is also bringing over an appetizer. I don’t have anything planned as a dessert, but my dad made a valid point that we never eat it because we’re always so stuffed from dinner. I’m saving my pennies and not making anything for it. I think it’ll be fine though. I’m beyond excited to host my first holiday dinner. It won’t be anything major, but it’s major to me because it’s my first time having the family over for dinner and it’s the baby’s first Christmas Eve! I have everything wrapped and ready to go. I just need to make my breakfast pie for Christmas day Brunch. The baby and I are heading to my parent’s house on Christmas day around 10:30am. We’re having brunch with them after we open up our gifts. We’ll be there all day until everyone else comes and throughout dinner. It’ll be nice. We’ll get to spend some time alone with them before everyone comes over too!

I’m still pumping blood. I ended up dumping 2oz of milk this morning. I was able to pump from that breast afterwards and got 1oz of clean milk, so that’s better than nothing. I think I just set the pump too high too quickly and re-injured myself. I’m due to pump again in an hour and a half, so I’ll definitely use a little more caution to avoid dumping anything. It freaking hurts though! Let’s see, other than that, I don’t really have too much to report. I cannot believe Christmas is here already. It’s nuts how fast time goes. Right after this, I have to plan Emerson’s birthday party. I want to send the invitations out next week. I plan on having it January 31st, so it’s GO TIME! I have a pretty meager budget for the party. I think I can do the entire party with a $100 budget. Isn’t that insane? Here are the plans:

Cookie Monster Theme

I’m making all of the décor myself from cardstock. I’ll be making a highchair banner, a photo banner that holds 1 picture per month from newborn-12 months of Emerson, food tent labels, all hanging decorations, invitations, smash cake, cupcakes, treat bags, and a 1st birthday chalkboard sign! On top of that, we are having a full cookie and milk bar. I’ll be making all of the cookies myself too. I’m not providing any food outside of cookies and milk. The party is going to be early afternoon for a couple of hours. It won’t warrant a full lunch, but I’ll still be sure to let everyone know it’s just light snacking. The only things I am buying are Emerson’s party hat and an iron on to make a birthday t-shirt. On top of that, I’m going to be doing his 1st birthday pictures myself. I’m really excited about this and I hope everything comes out nicely. I just need to start now because it’s going to take me awhile to construct all of this stuff! I do have some really cute ideas though!

Alright, guys. I have so much to do. I hope everyone has such a fabulous holiday! I probably won’t update again until after Christmas. Smooches!

No comments: