Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mummy's weekly Christmas plans!

Yesterday was so crazy. After work, I dropped off my rent, mailed my water bill, went grocery shopping (at 3 stores), hiked it back home to put everything away, then headed up to daycare to pay for the month of December and pick Emerson up! I was beat by the time we got home. Emerson was too. He napped from about 5:45pm-6:15pm. Afterwards, I made dinner (chicken nuggets, carrots, apple sauce, and macaroni and cheese), then we played for a while before bath and bed. I was knocked out before 9pm. We slept so well. I woke when my alarm went off at 4am, but hit snooze and ended up sleeping in until 5:30. Whoops.

After work, I’m running up to pick up our Christmas cards. I hope they came out nice. I’m so excited to see what they look like. I only ordered 20 cards. They were only 20 cents per card, but postage will kill me, so I tried to keep our Christmas card list small this year. I’ll also be hand delivering some to save on cost. I don’t care how ghetto that is either!

On Thursday, we’re going to the festival of trees. It’s a big festival that has hundreds of decorated Christmas trees submitted by local business, clubs, associations, teams, and schools. My nephew’s football team won the Christmas tree contest last year. It’s cool to walk around and see all of them, then to cast your vote. The girl scouts will be singing Christmas carols as Santa rolls in on a huge fire truck. All of the kids get to meet Santa afterwards. There is also a bake sale and sleigh ride. The festival lasts from Thursday through Monday, so if it’s too busy and Emerson doesn’t get to see Santa, I’ll take him back up over the weekend. I plan on taking him to the mall on Sunday to get his pictures taken with the mall Santa too. Because it’s his first Christmas, I’d like to get a nicer picture with Santa. For $22, they better take a few different shots to get a good one of him, or I’m not paying for it!

Outside of the festival of trees and Santa, we aren’t doing much this week. Funds are pretty low and I’ve reserved every dollar to try to make Christmas special for Emerson. I just don’t want him to have to miss out on everything because I can’t afford it. It would be amazing to take him to see the Christmas lights, but I don’t think we’ll be able to do that this year. I’ll have to see. My gas bill was $130. Thank you, winter. On top of that, I didn’t anticipate my water bill coming and that was another $50. Luckily, I am completely done with Christmas shopping. I just have to pick up some wrapping paper/gift bags. I want to get a few things for Emerson’s stocking and dog treats for Kodie. It took me two months, but I am finally done and I was able to shop for 6 people and 1 dog for $245! Incredible. Usually, I spend well over $800 every year on Christmas and I get everyone so many things. Things were obviously different this year, but I put a lot of thought and time into what I bought and I hope everyone is really happy. I can’t wait to see Emerson’s face on Christmas morning though. I know he doesn’t understand the concept, but just spending it together and experiencing his first Christmas is gift enough for me.

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. It’s the end of the day and about time for me to turn into a pumpkin  Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone!

No comments: