Monday, December 29, 2014

Mummy's Baby's First Christmas!

The holiday was so amazing. I don’t even know where to begin. I’ve literally typed and re-typed this sentence 5 times! I guess I’ll start with Christmas Eve. The day was pretty awesome. I got the house ready, prepared dinner for that evening, and hung out with Emerson all day. My parents and sister came over around 4pm. We had an awesome dinner and hung out for a few hours. My parents brought some gifts for Emerson to open up too. Luckily, he started to feel a lot better and was actually eating food again. I was worried for a short time, but it passed and we got through it. Anyway, everyone hung out until almost 7pm. I know, Emerson and I are such early birds. We had a nice time though. When everyone left, the baby and dog fell right to sleep, which was nice for me. I was exhausted too. I woke up around 5am on Christmas morning to put out all of the gifts and to fill the stockings. It was neat to play Santa! The night before, I left cookies and milk for Santa and a baby food jar (hehe) of carrots for the reindeer!

Emerson slept in until about 730am. Of all days to sleep in, he picks the day that I want him up early! Anyway, when he woke up, I sat him in front of all of his presents. He went for the biggest one and started to tear the paper! I was so surprised! I got some great pictures! I helped him open up all of his gifts, which he absolutely LOVED! I set everything up for him to play with. It was neat to watch him explore all of his new things. He seemed a bit overwhelmed, but he played for a few hours before we got dressed and headed to my parent’s house for brunch. I made a breakfast pie, which was filled with peppers, cheese, and eggs. The night before, my parents took all of the gifts that I bought everyone over to their house for me, so I had less tote over there on Christmas morning. It made it A LOT easier for me.

When we got to my parent’s house, Emerson opened up ALL of his gifts. Boy, there were a ton! My dad and mom set up his new toys for him to play with, so that I could open up my gifts. I got so much stuff. It was unreal! I got my sewing machine! I can’t even begin to describe how over the moon I am about it! I cannot wait to start making my own things! I also got grocery store gift cards, which were such a blessing. You all know how tight my budget is and my grocery budget is always suffering. On top of that, I got pajamas, make-up, a picture mug with photos of Emerson on it, the sweat pants I was BEGGING my mom to buy me, an electric blanket which is so freaking amazing, and a million other things I know I’m forgetting. They definitely spoiled all of us. It was very much appreciated. They loved everything we bought them too. Afterwards, we all ate brunch together and hung out, while Emerson played with his toys and we waited for my sisters to arrive.

Emerson took a much needed nap for about an hour when I heard my older sister arrive. Remember that we hadn’t spoken since Thanksgiving. She disappeared and didn’t respond to any text messages that I sent. Needless to say, I was less than enthralled to see her for Christmas. I didn’t understand why she all of a sudden started to be cold again. When Emerson woke up, we went downstairs. I didn’t initially greet Nicole. She was peeling potatoes for dinner. About 5 minutes later, my younger sister, Brittany, arrived with her fiancé and my nephew. We greeted them and all headed to the living room for more present opening. Nicole was so warm and nice. I just don’t get it. She disappears and is so cold-hearted for a month, but reappears on Christmas and is the nicest person around. She bought the baby AMAZING gifts. She bought me AMAZING gifts too. I made her a burlap wreath, which came out beautifully. I’m so glad that I spent some extra time on it, or else I would have felt like shit that she went above and beyond for us. She was so nice to me and to all of us. She talked to us and even sat with the baby in the living room, while I ran outside to check out my nephew’s remote control helicopter. I texted her after everyone left for the night and she responded back. The next day, she sent me a picture of the wreath I made on her door, which I thought was so nice. I countered it by sending a picture of the gift she got me hanging on my wall. (A coat rack/key holder that says HOME. It’s freaking ADORABLE) Anyway, I just hope she continues to be nice like this. I’m going to invite her to Emerson’s birthday party. I don’t know that she’ll come, but hopefully she will. She doesn’t spend much time with him, or anything like that, so coming to his party would be nice.

Anyway, Britt got me a hair gift certificate, which I couldn’t be happier about. I haven’t had my hair done in 7 months! It looks so horrible! I cannot wait to get it dyed again. Blah. My roots are on another level, people! After all of the gift opening, we all had dinner together. My parents got Emerson the coolest chair/tray that sits right at the table, so he was able to eat dinner with us too. Typically at their house, he’s in the walker and I just feed him on that tray. It was nice to have him stationary and at the table with the rest of us. He liked it too and pigged out! Loading all of the gifts in the car was INSANE! I filled up a 20 gallon garbage bag which weighed a ton. The baby slept on the way home, so I was able to unload all of the gifts while he napped. It was a really nice Christmas and a great first one for Emerson. I still cannot believe it’s over. All of that hype for all of those months. I hope all of you had an amazing holiday.

No comments: