Friday, December 5, 2014

Mummy's baby didn't like Santa!

Emerson and I had a BLAST last night at The Festival of Trees! We arrived right as the girl scouts were singing carols outside awaiting Santa’s arrival to light their Christmas tree. It was adorable! Santa rolled in on a fire truck, lit the tree, then greeted all of the girls. Emerson and I headed inside to see the trees right after. They were adorable. We took a couple of pictures and remembered the trees that we wanted to vote for on our way out. We ran into a few friends, so we chatted a bit, met the Nittany Penn State Lion, then ran into Santa Claus! Emerson was not happy! He didn’t cry, but he didn’t smile either! It was hilarious! Santa was such a good sport, scooped Emerson right up, and let me take several pictures of them together. Afterwards, we sang and danced to the live Christmas entertainment, cast our votes for our favorite trees, then headed back out to see the lights outside. It was so much fun!

Emerson conked out on the way home and ended up napping until about 7:30pm. When he woke up, we ate dinner, had bath, then he went right back to sleep. He slept pretty well. I woke up so early this morning though. I was up around 415am. I watched the news before getting ready for work. I worked from home today, which made things easier. I ran Emerson up to daycare, then came back and signed on early. It’s been much busier these past few days, so I’ve been trying to work a little bit longer to make sure everything gets done.

After work, I’m going to put the laundry away, clean up a bit, shower, and then run up to daycare to pick up Emerson. We have no plans for the evening. We’re just hanging out at home. Tomorrow, we have several errands to run. We’re going to head over to my sister’s to check out her house. She and my nephew ended up moving this week along with her fiancĂ©. Yes, they are back on again. They painted and spruced their house up a bit, so I want to check it out. Other than that, we really have no plans at all this weekend. I want to save every single penny to make sure that I can take Emerson to see Santa on Wednesday. My mom is coming with us. I have a half day, so we’re going to head up to the mall around 1130am. I’m hoping there aren’t long lines considering the kids should be in school and parents at work! Let’s hope no one else has the same idea as me!

I mailed all of our Christmas cards on Wednesday. Everyone should start receiving them today. I can’t wait to hear everyone’s reactions. I think they came out very nice even though I took the pictures myself at home. I’ve heard how much my friends have spent on their pictures and cards. I was baffled. Even if I had more money, I wouldn’t be spending $200 on photos. I was looking up ideas today for first birthday pictures. I’m definitely going to attempt to do those ones myself too. I don’t think my photography is that horrible that I can’t do them myself. Sure, the Christmas photos weren’t your ordinary, run of the mill photos, but that’s what I liked most about them. They were more candid than posed and I think they turned out beautifully. I can’t stop staring at my cards, or the photos!

On Monday, our dept. has a later meeting, so I won’t make it to daycare until close to 6pm, which is the cut off time and when I start to be charged $15 for being late. I really hope that our meeting doesn’t run over and I can get to Emerson on time. If not, I’ll have to ask my mom to pick him up for me, which is such a pain in the butt. I hope I don’t have to do that. Between her remembering the code for the door, signing him in and out, remembering her driver’s license for them to release him to her, and the huge task of putting him in the car seat and car, I just don’t see her being able to do all of that. The car seat is REALLY annoying and hard to get in and out of the car. On top of that, he hates being in it and constantly puts up a screaming fight. Cross your fingers that I get there are time and nothing crazy happens with the bus! Speaking of the bus, it was EARLY yesterday! I was tickled pink! There was a protest going on downtown near my company too. I was sure the bus would be late, but it wasn’t. I hope it’s a trend that’s on going. We are all fed up with the inconsistencies!

Welp, that’s about all I have for today. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!!!




No comments: