Monday, December 8, 2014

Mummy's real update (blah)

I honestly have no desire to blog right now, but I’ll do it anyway because I don’t want to forget these memories later on when Emerson is older considering it’s his first Christmas. I just still cannot shake the sadness of the dog passing. I found a really nice stone for her that I’m going to order on Friday. It isn’t overly expensive either. I found a reasonably priced one from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I just got a coupon from there in the mail too that I can use. The dog definitely deserves something. I keep randomly bursting into tears at work too. We have a meeting at 3pm. I hope I can compose myself by then.

Okay, onto the weekend update. On Friday, we didn’t do anything. Emerson fell asleep pretty early and ended up sleeping in until about 8:30am Saturday morning. That’s insane! Usually, he’s up so early. I wasn’t complaining though. I ended up waking up early anyway, so I didn’t get any extra sleep, but I did get to lay in bed longer than usual. Later that day, Emerson and I went over to my sister’s new house to check it out. Afterwards, we all went to the thrift store where I was able to get 2 Christmas sweaters for Emerson and a onesie. I spent $5.96. Not bad. Afterwards, we walked around the mall for a bit just because we had nothing else to do. After dropping my sister off at her house, we headed back home where we hung for the night.

On Sunday, I was up early again for no reason. I have no idea what is going on with me. Emerson slept until about 6:45am. I had no coffee at home, so I decided to take him down to Dunkin Donuts. I had a coffee and he had a donut. We hung out there for about 45 minutes. He had a great time people watching. It was nice to get out of the house for a bit without spending much money. We hung out at home all day, then went over to my parent’s house. My sister and I took the kids over to the festival of trees again. Emerson flipped when I put him on Santa’s lap. Full on crying/not breathing tantrum. I don’t know how Wednesday will go after last night’s fit. We still had a good time though and walked around to see the trees again. $2.00 well spent. Afterwards, we went back to my parent’s house to have dinner. It was hard being there with the dog. Sorry, I won’t rehash the memory again. I’m trying to back burner it until I get home. Then, I can cry as much as I want. After we got home from my parent’s house, Emerson caught a second wind and played until nearly 8pm. After that, he got a bath, then went to bed. It wasn’t a breeze getting him down either. He was such a bear this morning when I had to wake him for daycare. He ended up falling back asleep once we were in the car, waking when I dropped him off, but falling back asleep before I even left. I advised daycare that I’ll be almost an hour late tonight. Luckily, I pumped extra this weekend, so I could send an extra bottle. We have a later meeting at work today, so I won’t be able to get on the bus until 4:20pm. I just hope the bus isn’t late. I seriously have little to no room for error. I literally have no money until I get paid on Friday. Every dollar I have is accounted for between paying to ride the bus all week, putting $5 worth of gas into my car, and paying for Emerson to meet Santa Claus. Obviously if I have to cut something, it’ll be Santa, but I really hope I don’t have to unless its voluntarily. If Emerson is crying like he was last night, I will save my $22 and not purchase the pictures, but he’ll still get to sit on Santa’s lap regardless.

I’m hosting Christmas Eve dinner this year, so I really need to save all of our pennies to be able to pay for it. I planned a pretty good menu I think and it’s budget friendly. Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, Roasted Parmesan Potatoes, French Bread, and a Red Velvet Trifle Dessert. Good enough? I guess I should throw in some kind of vegetable to go with that. Other than that, I think I’m all set. It’s just my mom, dad, and younger sister coming over. It doesn’t need to be over the top, or anything. I think there will definitely be a somber mood over the holidays now because of the dog’s passing. She really was a member of the family. Okay, sorry  I’m going to go cry again.

No comments: