Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mummy bought a couch!

It happened…I bought my couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so petrified ordering it yesterday, but I ran the numbers so many times and I am fine. I tried talking myself out of it before committing to the purchase too, but in the end, I do need a new couch and I’ve had this budgeted out for 6 months! I found such a great deal that I was able to add on a few extra items. I ended up ordering new living room curtains and a new ottoman to replace my coffee table. It’ll be much safer for Emerson. I plan on updating my entire living room to gray with aqua accents. I have so much aqua now that it just seems smart to use it instead of having to buy new décor. I’m changing my diningroom to just be yellow chevron. In addition, I’m swapping bookcases. The white one will be in the living room and the short, brown one will now be in the diningroom. I can’t wait until it’s all put together! I plan on doing a quirky collage on my diningroom wall using a mix of plates, art made by me and baby, some pictures, and monogrammed items. I have to check out the thrift store to see what I can get first, but I have a vision in my head. We all know how dangerous that can be! I also finally got around to hanging the patio door curtain in the playroom. My carpet has yet to go in though! My dad is on day 30 in a row of working, so I’m not even asking until things slow down a bit. I want it done though, so I can stop using my diningroom as a playroom! I hope I can warm up the playroom a bit. It still feels like a basement to me. I plan on hanging some extra fabric up to enclose it off better. Once the furniture is down there it should make it feel a bit cozier. I don’t want it to feel like we’re playing in a basement though!


Emerson slept so well yesterday! I’ve been trying out a new schedule with him. So far, it seems to be working out better. He’s been napping right after daycare, so that helps. After he wakes, we play a bit and then do dinner earlier in the evening. Before, I was nursing, then doing dinner, then nursing at bedtime. Now, I don’t nurse before dinner. It’s just dinner, play, bath, then nursed to bed. He usually gets a bottle around 4pm at daycare. We are now eating dinner around 6:30pm, so it didn’t make sense to nurse beforehand. The good part is I am still pumping during that feeding, so my body thinks we need that milk. This is what yesterday looked like, which I thought was PERFECT:

4:55pm: Mommy picked Emerson up from daycare
5:00pm-5:45pm: Emerson napped, while mommy washed/sterilized bottles, cleaned, and started dinner
5:45pm-6:30pm: Emerson and Mommy played
6:30pm-7:05pm: Mommy and Emerson ate dinner (Emerson is getting really good at feeding himself)
7:05pm-7:30pm: Mommy cleaned up after dinner and packed lunch, while Emerson played.
7:30pm-7:55pm: Mommy and Emerson played some more
7:55pm-8:10pm: Bath Time!
8:10pm-8:20pm: Jammie Time
8:20pm-8:45pm: Emerson played in his crib, while mommy picked out clothes for the next day
8:45pm-9:00pm: Emerson nursed to sleep
9:00pm-2:30am: Emerson slept
2:30am-2:40am Emerson nursed
2:40am-5:50am: Emerson Slept
5:50am-6:00am: Mommy got Emerson dressed
6:00am: Dropped Emerson off at Daycare

Not too shabby! About 9 hours of sleep with only a ten minute interruption for a quick nursing session! I watched some of the new ABC fall shows, so I stayed up until about 10 pm. It was hard to get back to sleep when I got up around 230, but I am okay. I woke up on time and even got in a quick pumping session this morning. I’ll call that a success! Greys is on tonight and I am REALLY ticked off. They switched from 9pm to 8pm. I doubt I’ll get to watch it. I can watch as I nurse Emerson to sleep, but that typically doesn’t happen until after 8pm. I’ll probably just wait and watch it on demand one day.

Alright, that’s all I have for now. I have a lot of stuff to do today, so I better get a move on it! Have a great Thursday, All!

No comments: