Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mummy has the heebie jeebies

Where the hell to begin?? I guess I’ll start with the most disgusting part: BED BUGS. When I picked Emerson up from daycare yesterday, we all were handed a memo alerting us that a child at the center had what looked like bed bug bites. Naturally, I freaked out. I asked the teachers how concerned I should be. I was told the child who had the bites was not in the baby room at all, so I should be less worried, but precautious. Don’t send too many extra clothing and to check Emerson’s clothes and things that I am passing back and forth between the daycare. You know me, I take this completely to another level. I left the diaper bag ON THE PORCH all night. On top of that, the second he and I walked into the house, I stripped all of our clothing, put them in plastic bags, and threw those out onto the porch too! After that, I had the heebie jeebies all freaking night. I ended up sending Emerson to daycare today, but I ripped our beds apart and did a thorough inspection. I found nothing. On top of that, I inspected our bodies this morning for any bite marks. Nothing. All of the bedding on top of the clothing from yesterday was washed and dried on the hottest setting. I asked his teacher this morning about their plan of action. She told me they saw no bugs, just bites. If any more children have bites, they will close the center and fumigate. I am asking when I pick Emerson up if that child was permitted back to the center. The teachers didn’t seem overly concerned. I am though! I’ll continue to be on high alert until I hear otherwise. I hope the teachers were wrong and misread the bites as bed bugs, but it’s actually something else. It’s disgusting!

My mom and I ended up getting into an argument this morning. I had asked her yesterday if she could watch Emerson today. I didn’t want to send him to daycare, so I planned to work from home and to take a half day. I decided to send him because keeping him home for one day, but sending him the rest of the week didn’t really make sense. I still worked from home, so I could wash all of our linens. Anyway, I told her I didn’t send a blanket to daycare with him and I didn’t leave the diaper bag. She told me he’s going to get sick because I didn’t send a blanket. What?!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesn’t slump around daycare all day with a blanket. She makes absolutely no sense. I think she just has this weird possession over him and likes to pretend he’s her child. Well, he isn’t! She then told me that I am never going to get bed bugs, so I need to stop worrying about it and send him to daycare with a blanket. Um fuck you!!!!!! It is so expensive to rid your house of bed bugs! An exterminator is hundreds of dollars. No thank you! She told me it is not and that they sell raid for bed bugs. If that worked, then people wouldn’t mind so much if they had bed bugs. It’s not that easy to get rid of. I googled for HOURS last night!! Excuse me for taking precautions and being acutely aware that we are in direct danger of having such a nasty parasite invade our home. I cannot stand when people try to water down a situation and tell me what to do.

I am so sick of her being combative with me. On top of that, she is now pissed off at me because she was chain smoking directly in my face and I went upstairs. Well, I don’t appreciate that. I don’t understand why smokers feel they have the right to make the decision for non-smokers to be exposed to such nastiness. Smoke all you want, but do not take my life away from me. You don’t get to make that decision for me. I removed myself from the situation. She becomes to offended and angry over it. Well, excuse me for not liking to sit in a cloud of smoke! Okay, enough about that. It’s just stupid at this point.

I already have a plastic bag at the door, so when I pick Emerson up and we get home, I’m stripping us down again. I just don’t want to take the chance and end up with a major disaster on my hands. Last night, I smelled skunk. Not just the scent of one passing through either. This skunk sprayed. It didn’t spray my yard directly, but it was pretty close. I wouldn’t be surprised if the neighbor’s dog was hit. That’s how close it was. I ended up shutting all of the windows around midnight. I just hope they don’t make their way over to my yard again.

Alright, that’s all I have for today. I’m sorry this isn’t more upbeat. Life happens though. This too shall pass and it’ll be in the back of my mind in no time.







No comments: