Monday, September 22, 2014

Mummy feels sick!

I am exhausted. I don’t want to complain, or dwell on it too much, but I really am. The baby is teething so badly. He’s been such a bear to get to sleep every night. On top of that, I have a head cold, which doesn’t make things any easier. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass and we will be back to a normal routine. Last night was crazy. He was exhausted, so around 7pm he fell asleep for a small nap. It didn’t last longer than about 40 minutes. After he woke, I let him play awhile, gave him dinner, bath, then headed for bed. Well, that didn’t go over too well. He was wide awake, laughing, and playing, so I ended up just bringing us back downstairs. Why fight it and frustrate both of us? I figured I’d let him work out his extra energy and then I’d try to get him down again. It was only 9pm anyway. I wasn’t feeling well and pretty tired, but trying to make Emerson go to sleep when he’s wide awake seems like more effort than letting him wear himself out. The second we got downstairs, he started FREAKING out. He puked all over the floor, so I put him in his exersaucer, while I cleaned it up. Omg, you’d think I sat him outside alone with the way he was crying. After I was done cleaning up, we headed back up to bed. He was rubbing his eyes and whining. He still wasn’t having it, so I had to rock him for a really long time to get him to go to sleep. He was up quite a few times throughout the night too. I just hope this phase passes quickly. He’s also had a cold too, so I’m sure that’s not making things any better either.

I was so exhausted and not feeling well all weekend that we pretty much did nothing at all. We visited my parents for my sister’s birthday, but that was about it. I rearranged the house, which I posted about last night to accommodate a play area for the baby. He is on the go! It’s absolutely insane. I had to designate an area for him to be able to play safely because he’s constantly trying to climb on tables, grab random things down, etc. It is a lot more work than when he was a baby. I always thought people were making that up. I was wrong. It’s so much harder now that he can crawl around. Even in the play area that I set up he still falls down and seems to have accidents even with me right there. I guess that’s inevitable though. I try to prevent it as much as possible though. It wears me out so much, but I’m sure we will both get used to it soon enough.

Anyway, I took Friday off of work, which was nice. I was so exhausted, so sleeping in until 7:40am was nice. The baby and I ran errands and then went over to my parent’s house for my sister’s birthday dinner. My mom and dad are both sick, so I’m sure that’s where I picked this head cold up at. We had a nice time though. We ate dinner, sang happy birthday, and did gifts. Emerson and I hung out awhile, then headed home around 8:30pm. Saturday, I woke up feeling like absolute death. I ended up going over to my parent’s house to grab some medicine from them, but we did nothing all day. Emerson wasn’t feeling great either. It was just one of those weekends. I hope next weekend is a lot healthier for us!

This week, we don’t have much going on. I have to grocery shop. I have no food at home. It’s crazy. I ate a can of pears for dinner last night. I just didn’t feel good enough to grocery shop this weekend, so I waited. I won’t wait again. The baby has plenty of baby food though, so that’s all I cared about. I have my list ready for later today though. It’ll be nice to have food in my house again! Alright, that’s about all I have for now. Time to take some more medicine! Have a good week, all!



No comments: