Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mummy's Jello Fight

When I picked Emerson up at daycare yesterday, he was in a corner atop a mound of toys. It was HILARIOUS. His back was to me when I walked in, so he didn’t initially see me. I said “Hey buddy!” and he immediately turned around and gave me a big smile! It was pretty cute. He almost fell asleep on the car ride home, but didn’t. When we got into the house, he said hi to Kodie and then I put him on the floor with a bunch of toys to play, while I washed and sterilized bottles. I had stopped home before I picked him up, so I was able to let Kodie out, clean, eat, and sit on the couch for 25 minutes to relax. A lot of people would probably talk shit on me going home before picking him up from daycare, but I don’t have a second hand at home. It’s a small treat I allow myself to have. I don’t ask for babysitters, nor do I do much without Emerson, so going home to clean up and take a few minutes to is one thing I like to give myself here and there.

Anyway, after I was done doing the bottles, Emerson and I played for a while. He had a very short nap at daycare, so when I caught him rubbing his eyes, I knew he was ready for a pre-dinner nap. I rocked him to sleep, which resulted in him napping for 90 minutes. Around 7:30pm, he woke up and I got his dinner ready: A Gerber Mac and Cheese meal, sweet potatoes, and jello for dessert. He absolutely loved the jello. After he was full and had finished eating, I put some hunks of jello down on the tray for him to play and practice using his pincher fingers. It was funny because the jello was so slimy and slippery that he had a hard time with it. He got a kick out of it though. I guess that sorta negated the whole “practice” thing I had originally planned on. After dinner, I wiped him down and we played for a few more minutes. He was slightly fussy, so we headed straight for the tub. After a quick bath, we headed upstairs for jammie time. He threw up all over me. It was absolutely disgusting. A quick wardrobe change for mom, a couple extra minutes of playtime for baby, then we were in bed for the night. He went down fairly quickly, which was surprising considering the big nap he had. I watched a few episodes of “Flip Flop” on HGTV, then hit the hay myself. Emerson woke a couple of times during the night, but nothing too crazy. He woke right after I got a shower this morning, which meant he was up with me all morning through hair, make up, diaper and work bag preparations, and he saw that I packed my lunch too! Afterwards, we got dressed and headed to daycare. The craziest is I woke up late and still made it to the bus on time. I woke up at 5:13am and almost decided to work from home because I didn’t think I’d be ready to make the bus! I like when I’m wrong in situations like that!

I don’t really have too much more to add to this. We don’t have any plans this week, so I’m just kind of letting Emerson guide our evenings.




No comments: