Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mummy's sick aunt

So, my aunt has appendicitis. Because her lungs are so poor, they cannot remove them. Instead, they are sending her home with antibiotics and pain medication. The appendix will burst, which will result in her having surgery. The doctors are not certain that she’d make it through that surgery, so they are sending her home and letting fate take its course. I think this is stupid. If her appendix burst, it’ll be 100 times worse in my eyes. At least if they do the surgery now, none of those toxins are running through her body. The surgery won’t need to be as rushed either, but when they burst, it will. I’ll find out more details later, but my mom is going to the hospital, taking my aunt home, and then getting her comfortable there. To think she beat cancer, but her appendix is taking her down is just insane to me. In the meantime, my aunt wants to sign a “ do not resuscitate order”. My mom is really upset. I guess I’ll find out more later. I will keep everyone posted.

Yesterday after daycare, Emerson and I went to Walmart to pick up the prints I had enlarged from the photo shoot we had over the weekend. They came out beautifully. I just need to buy some frames to hang them up on my wall. He ended up napping for maybe 15 minutes. We had dinner around 7, then he got a bath, boob, and bedtime. He was up a couple of times last night, but nothing too crazy. I ended up waking around midnight and not being able to get back to sleep for quite some time. We overslept a bit, but I still made the bus on time this morning. Daycare sent a memo home yesterday requesting pictures of the family. They are making a huge collage. I ended up sending two pictures. One of myself and Emerson and one of Emerson and Kodie. Adorable. I guess if they didn’t know he was fatherless before, they will now! Bad joke, sorry! I like our family though. Myself, Kodie, and the baby equals perfection in my eyes.

I’m feeling so rundown today and overly hungry. I’m hoping it’s just one of those days and the feeling passes. I only brought so much food to work with me and I don’t want to have to buy anything additional. I just can’t rid this shakey/hungry feeling. I hate it! I plan on taking a nap on the bus on the way home. I’m thinking that’ll re-energize me a bit before I pick the baby up from daycare. We don’t have any plans tonight outside of playing and hanging out before bedtime, which I hope comes easily. With feeling so rundown, I don’t want to have to fight tonight.

My sister’s birthday dinner is on Friday night. I have a half day on Friday, so the baby and I can prepare her surprise gift before dinner at my parent’s house. I have to pick up cupcakes on Thursday at a bakery in town too. Saturday, I believe we’re going to fall fest at the waterfront. The baby shower I have to attend is pretty early, so we should be able to make it to the festival around 3pm. There is a hilarious dog race too! All of the dogs are dressed up in hot dog costumes for the race! I’m not sure we’ll see that part, but the dogs should still be out when we get down there. Kennywood, the amusement park near our house, is half off admission this weekend. Emerson gets in free, so it would cost me around $13-$15 to get in. It would be nice to go and just walk around on Sunday. We’ll see about that. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so we definitely have some options!!

Alright, I am ending this. Have a great Tuesday, all!






No comments: