Friday, September 5, 2014

Mummy's adventurous boy!

Yesterday was a real doozy of a day. When I got off the bus, I hopped in my car like I always do. I noticed a piece of paper stuck in my windshield. I immediately thought to myself, “this can’t be good”. I hopped out of the car, grabbed the paper, and read four words you never want to see: YOUR TIRE IS FLAT. Ugh…I walked around to the passenger side and sure enough, my tire was flatter than a pancake. I ended up driving up the road to a gas station, putting air in my tire, and then going to my parent’s house, so my dad could try to fix my tire. He ended up draining it flat, putting fix a flat in it, and re filling with air. I hope that works for a little while. I do not have the funds for a new tire right now! In the meantime, my sister drove me to daycare to pick up Emerson.

When I picked Emerson up from daycare yesterday they told me he needed rescued. I started to panic for a second, but just laughed and asked why. His teacher told me that he climbed the bookshelf and was afraid because he couldn’t get down. The bookshelf is VERY low to the ground. It isn’t even a full step up, so I wasn’t alarmed, but it did make me giggle. I could just imagine Emerson conquering the shelf, reaching the top, throwing his hands up, and then hysterically crying because he couldn’t get down! My kid is too damn funny! Way too adventurous.

Emerson slept so well last night. He woke up one time. When I woke this morning, I was completely engorged! I pumped 8oz and I wasn’t even drained, but we were running late, so I had to make it quick. Yesterday morning, I pumped 9 freaking ounces! Holy shit! I’m wondering if I need to up his bottles. I’m not one to overproduce, so I definitely think I should bump his bottles for daycare back up to 5oz. It has been so awesome getting more milk though! One side of my pump isn’t working. The tube needs replaced. I’ve been pumping one side at a time. I’m wondering if that’s helping me get more. It takes twice as long to pump, but if I’m getting more, then I’ll deal with it!

After work, I have to go grocery shopping. We are running low on so much stuff. I have to get toilet paper, toothpaste, diapers, paper towels, and dog food too. After that, we should be all set. We have no plans tonight at all. Tomorrow, we are hanging out with my sister. The bookstore and yogurt place are on the agenda. I think we’re due for a free frozen yogurt too. I think we have enough punches on our card! That’s exciting. If we don’t, then we definitely will have tomorrow’s trip! It looks like there is a threat of rain tomorrow though, so if it seems too crazy, we’ll just go to the mall book store. That way, we can walk around and not get wet. Our plans won’t be ruined.

I also have to pick up two cards today for grandparents day. I’m making my harvest casserole for Sunday! It is so amazing. I made it up last year during the fall when experimenting in my kitchen! It turned out amazing, so now I make it for my family. It’s so good! I cook sausage with brown sugar and an apple pie mix. At the same time, I boil try colored pasta. I cut up sweet potato, squash, onions, and some peppers. I mix everything together in a casserole dish, top with cheese, and then bake in the oven. DELICIOUS! I sometimes skip the casserole dish and dump it all into the crock pot and let it cook all day! I haven’t decided what I’ll do for Sunday yet. I’ll probably use the crock to avoid turning the oven on Its too hot for that!

Other than that, we are just living the dream  I hope everyone has a really nice weekend. I’ll catch up on Monday!


No comments: