Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mummy's back to the grind

We had a really nice extended weekend. Friday, I worked a half day. Afterwards, we went shopping for fall clothes for the baby with my sister. I was able to get him so much stuff. I spent around $46. He ended up getting 2 REALLY adorable outfits with plaid shirts and adorable pants, another plaid shirt onesie, a Pittsburgh Steeler’s outfit, a Pittsburgh Penguins onesie, 2 zip up sweaters, a sweat suit, 3 long sleeve thermal shirts, 2 pair of pajamas, and a polo shirt. He made out pretty well. He only needs socks, a pair of shoes, and probably a couple of extra onesies and he should be set. We definitely need to make one more trip to the thrift store though to get some daycare clothes. There is no way I’m sending him to daycare wearing any of the nice stuff I just bought him. My sister bought two outfits and brought them over on Saturday. I was super excited and thankful for that. He actually wore one of the outfits today to daycare. I hope he doesn’t mess it up. It’s a short outfit, so it was perfect for today. Plus, I had to do laundry this morning, so I’m glad we had that outfit available. The other one is perfect for the fall. I’m glad he has some clothes now. I was panicking for a minute. I feel so poor now, but we won’t need to worry about it again until around December when he needs some heavier items. I bought mainly 9-12 month clothes, so hopefully he’s good through the end of the year. At that point, he’ll be getting a ton of things for Christmas and then his birthday is a month later, so I feel okay about it.

Saturday, we had our family Labor Day Cookout. It was fun. We went swimming and ate some yummy food. My sister came over and shared the news that she bought a house! She showed us pictures too. It was really nice. She was super nice and talkative too. I hope that continues. I was super upset over the entire situation last week when I posted. Saturday was such a welcoming change. I hope she lets us come over to see the house after she closes. I have to get boxes ready for her too. I have so many from when I moved. I’m going to give them to her, so she can start packing immediately. I’m glad because now I won’t have to worry about putting all of these boxes out to the garbage. My dad also came over to measure the basement for carpeting. I’m excited. I haven’t done anything extra to the playroom, so after the carpet goes in, I plan on finishing it up. I did move a bookcase from my living room into my kitchen this weekend and made a pantry. I was running out of cupboard space. It looks really cute. My dad brought a smaller bookcase over to my house that they weren’t using to replace the one I moved. I like it a lot better now.

Sunday, it was a pretty boring day. We visited my parents for a bit. Emerson was extremely cranky all day. He hadn’t pooped, so I knew that was bothering him. That night, I gave him some prunes. That worked wonders. He ended up blowing through a diaper on Monday. He was a lot less cranky yesterday. It rained so badly, so that kind of killed all labor day plans. We went out for coffee that morning and then visited my parents. Nothing too Earth shattering to report there.

This week, we have nothing going on. I did the laundry this morning and worked from home. I’m in office on Wednesday and Thursday, but home on Friday. I have another half day. We really have no weekend plans at all. We’ll probably go to the park and also pick up a baby shower gift for a friend. Pretty mellow. I’m really tired of being poor though. I hate to say that and I hate to complain about money, but it just seems like things are always so damn tight. I had to get Emerson clothes. There was no way around that. We went to secondhand stores just to save some money. It SUCKS. I don’t even know what we’d do if we had money, but the option would be nice. I’m sick of doing nothing, but visiting my parents every weekend. It starts to become so boring. I plan on going to a different park this upcoming weekend just to shake things up a bit. I’m hoping my best friend is up for a visit, so the babies can play together. That’ll definitely be out of our normal routine. I just feel like it is starting to become so boring. Playing at home with the same toys and visiting my parents is starting to drive me a little bit crazy. I’m not sure if the baby is bored with it, but I know I am. He’ll be at daycare Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, so that’ll at least shake it up a bit. Someone posted in my mommy group about free admission in September to several places around the city. We’re going to check into those. I just hate when they do that because it is so jam packed and you don’t really get to do everything when there are triple the kids running around, but we’ll see.

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. I know, I’m not too exciting. I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend though! Back to the grind!














No comments: