Monday, September 15, 2014

Mummy's All Over The Place

LOTS to write about from the weekend. I honestly have no idea where to begin. I guess I’ll just go in order and if you’re still around long enough, you’ll find out who got engaged!

Friday, I worked in the office. Typically, I work from home on Fridays, so that was a little different. We didn’t do anything on Friday night. It was nice. He didn’t sleep too wonderfully all weekend though. He was up several times throughout the night. I still feel rested if that even makes sense. I almost forgot, I ran over to a coffee place on Friday during work and picked up a pack of pumpkin coffee for the weekend. It cost me $1.05 and made up to 10 cups of coffee. I have a small coffee pot, so I was able to make pumpkin coffee on Saturday AND Sunday. It was freaking delicious! I had the scare of my life on Friday night too. Emerson finally learned to crawl on his knees. He was army crawling before that, but now, he can REALLY crawl, which has just been so insane! Mid crawl, he fell sideways and bumped his nose on the floor. It happened so fast. He started wailing, so I picked him up, inspected him, and thought everything fine. He was still freaking though! I looked down at his hand and I noticed blood. My heart STOPPED. Blood?! He barely even fell! I glance back up and noticed his nose was bloody! Oh jeez!! It ended up only bleeding for maybe a minute, but I was so scared! I didn’t want to let him crawl for the rest of the night, but once they start, it’s impossible to make him stop. He ended up taking a long nap afterwards, which spanned the rest of the night. No matter how closely you watch, anything can happen. I learned that on Friday for sure!

Saturday, we woke up earlier than expected, but that was okay. I made my pumpkin coffee and we played for a while before getting ready for the day. Emerson and I had a few errands to run. I have a baby shower next weekend, so I wanted to pick up a gift. I ended up getting this huge memory box that says “BABY GIRL” all over it in different fonts. My friend is going with an owl themed nursery, so I bought owl pjs, an owl toy, and 3 owl onesies to put in the box. All I need is a card and I’ll be all set! Afterwards, we went over to Once Upon A Child. Emerson ended up getting some toy trucks, another Steeler onesie, and a fleece one piece outfit all for $10.88! I love that store. He still needs a hat, a couple more pairs of pants, and a jacket for fall. Afterwards, we stopped by my parent’s house for a bit. They hadn’t seen the baby in almost a week at that point, so I took him over there. They bought a brand new washer! We have all been going to the Laundromat for far too long because their washer broke. It was absolutely insane! I’d come over to their house, pick up their laundry, and take it with me to the Laundromat. They were going to the Laundromat one other time outside of me taking their clothes too. It was just adding up. I’m so happy! Not going to the Laundromat today was really weird! Yes, I still have to haul my clothes to my parent’s house, but it’s a lot better than the Laundromat. I did ask for a washer for Christmas. My parents were going to buy me a new couch, but I already am buying that myself, so I suggested a washer. We’ll see how that pans out! I’d be elated!

My sister’s birthday party was on Saturday night. I didn’t go, but I did offer to do her hair and make-up in exchange for my absence. She planned to come over to my house around 8pm. I got the baby dinner and a bath around 7 and had hoped to have him in bed before she arrived. That didn’t happen. He was fighting me so badly. She didn’t make it to my house until nearly 9:30pm anyway!!!!!!!!!! The baby was still awake too! I wasn’t upset that she was so late, but I was a little concerned. I was getting pretty tired and I knew if the baby was ready for bed, I’d have to hold off until I had her hair and make-up done. Luckily, he was fine the entire time I got her ready. After she left, the baby and I hit the hay. The next morning, things were crazy…..

I woke up on Sunday morning to a flood of text and facebook messages telling me my sister was engaged. I knew my sister’s boyfriend was going to propose because a few days prior he asked my parent’s permission. He asked me her ring size and a few opinions of ring styles too. I checked facebook and saw pictures of him proposing, pictures of the ring, and a ton of congratulatory posts. I checked my text messages though, and had NONE from her. This was quite upsetting. Why go through the motions of asking permission just to turn around, propose, and then let us find out via facebook? I thought that was disrespectful. My sister didn’t post anything. It was all from her boyfriend, but he tagged her, so it read all over her facebook page. It was still strange to me that she didn’t text me and tell me immediately. Yes, it was her moment to celebrate, but none of us were there with her. It would have been nice to find out before the rest of the world. I waited all morning and never heard from her. I finally sent out a text around 10am. All I said was “wow, the entire world knew before I did that you were engaged. I thought you would have texted me when it happened.” She fired back and told me that I needed to chill out because she didn’t tell anyone. I said “Okie dokie. Well I didn’t tell mum or dad” Jeez, don’t bite my head off. We are your family and it would have been nice to know before all of social media. She told me she knew I was sleeping, which is why she didn’t text me. She texts me any other time regardless if I am sleeping, or not and I always wake up so early, so I would have gotten the text before I looked at facebook. I get that she wasn’t the one posting on facebook, but he could have really waited for her to tell us the news. He proposed to her in front of some of his family too. None of us were there. I just wish he would have given her the opportunity to break the news properly instead of letting facebook do it for them. Aside from that, the ring is beautiful. He did a very nice job. They haven’t set a date yet, but she doesn’t see it happening for a couple of years. Also, I am the maid of honor, which tickles me pink!

After all of the excitement wound down surrounding the engagement, I got Emerson and I out of bed and made a big, Sunday breakfast complete with more pumpkin coffee! The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS that day, so I decided to dress him up adorably and head to the park to take some pictures! We did an entire apple picking shoot. It was GORGEOUS! He is such a little ham and was perfect for the camera. My sister ended up coming to help me, so I was able to get in some of the shots with the baby. I can’t wait to have them printed and framed. He is so gorgeous. I just can’t stop staring at these pictures! Afterwards, we went over to my parent’s house. I wanted to see my sister’s ring! It is even more beautiful in person. We hung out for a while before heading home.

Today has been insane. I slept in. I just received a call from my cousin. My aunt is in the hospital and really sick. She may not pull through. My cousin wants to go to the hospital and is dropping her 10 month old off for me to babysit. I’m just waiting for them to get here now. I feel so bad. I’ll update you guys on everything tomorrow…..


No comments: